Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Let's just shoot the breeze without getting political, religious, or stupid! Can we?

Testing.
    Last edited by Ray1936; July-03-20 at 09:20 PM.

Ray your breeze is a breath of fresh air and I took the liberty to change your title to your second sentence.

I long for the days when we could "agree to disagree" without getting personal, "stop and smell the roses" without forgetting the plight of our fellow humans, and "count our blessings" and just be thankful.

There's the old saying that "The ten thousand airliners that landed safely today isn't news". I say it's great news.

A project I kicked around for years but never had time to do was to create "The Good Detroit News". Only good stories would be told--a blinded child recovers her vision, all students of an inner city school qualify for college, or five miles of a pot-holed street were repaved.

Crime news would only be about sentencing and the good news of a menace removed. The only press criminals would get would be about their being led away in cuffs to pay for their crimes.

I'm not saying, and I'm guessing you aren't either, ignore the world and it problems, I just say let's not forget to take a break and enjoy the sunny side of life too.

I'm game and food is always a good start! Who's tried out a new food item/ ingredient not used before over the last two months?

Boring of cooking spaghetti the same old way, all the time I tried Spinach noodles! They look a bit earth-wormy when cooked LOL! But great to infuse the meal with a much veggies as possible.

Also added sliced squash. Ground turkey was the least item as I was running short of that at the time.

I baked catfish as well. Instead of frying. Who says CF must be fried?
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-04-20 at 06:46 AM.

Aw, I tried to edit and hit quick reply accidentally and it vanished. Dang.

I forget what the motor/freeway unit radio IDs were. I want to say either 2300 or 2400, but I don't think that's right.

2300 was correct. 2400 was the Field Duty Inspector.

A little warm outside here in the D today... The upside is it’s not nearly as hot as Henderson Nevada is!

Tried ground chicken for the first time in AGES. Made PF Chang's lettuce wraps which were amazing. Spicy, but not so hot you can't eat them. Lots of zest from garlic, chili paste, ginger, hoisen sauce. Just amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    I'm game and food is always a good start! Who's tried out a new food item/ ingredient not used before over the last two months?

Boring of cooking spaghetti the same old way, all the time I tried Spinach noodles! They look a bit earth-wormy when cooked LOL! But great to infuse the meal with a much veggies as possible.

Also added sliced squash. Ground turkey was the least item as I was running short of that at the time.

And far better than PF's I'm sure. That place has really gone down hill lately.

Could you please beam me some right now. I'm hungry [[as usual)......

On my way home from up north last week, somewhere between Birch Run and Flint, on southbound I-75, there was a two-story tall head made up of lights. It was getting dark, so I couldn't see how they were suspended, but imagine a giant wireframe head, with lights at the vertexes, purple with white eyes, looking at you from the trees on the side of the road. It was one of the weirdest things I've ever seen. I'm guessing it's some sort of art project, with small high-intensity LEDs suspended by lightweight aluminum rods. Anyone know any more details, or has seen it? I'm guessing they only turn it on at night.

What did the breeze do to make us want to shoot it?

as far as foods, i didn't realize that "stress baking" is a real thing; i've had it for years. when i was working, one way to decompress my brain while coding html was to invent cookies.

now, i'm into brownies. when we found some at the store they tasted like cardboard imho. so, i started inventing some. first trick i added was a bit of cream cheese mix dropped between layers of brownie dough - makes them super moist. favorite flavors so far are peanut butter [[mixed with the cheese and a bit more in the batter, raspberry [[frozen berries mixed with the cheese in addition to some in the batter), cherry [[chopped maraschinos added to the cheese and batter), and banana [[ditto on mixed with cheese and batter).

spousal-unit is type2 diabetic so all recipes are made with at least 1/2 cup splenda instead of sugar. to me, ALL brownies MUST have nuts so most got coarsely chopped walnuts and most got at least a handful of various chocolate or chocolate/peanut butter chips.

Or perhaps it was a UFO...........?

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    It was one of the weirdest things I've ever seen. I'm guessing it's some sort of art project, with small high-intensity LEDs suspended by lightweight aluminum rods. Anyone know any more details, or has seen it? I'm guessing they only turn it on at night.

I hugged a bunny today.

One of my lifelong dreams, but alas, they closed most of the clubs and I don't go near Vegas.

I seldom cook with or eat regular noodles. It's spinach or whole wheat for me. I have all the ingredients for turkey chilli. If the weather stays cool tomorrow, maybe I'll try making it. I've been making and eating fresh salads for the last 6 weeks or so, and grilling a side outside on the BBQ. I've gotten back into cooking again since the lockdown. Too hot to bake right now.

Heard on the radio that White Boy Rick got out of jail today.

At least the thread died a quick death.

Until you gave it a breath.

Has anyone noticed the new car vending machine that Carvana is building in Novi? I thought that was just a publicity thing for commercials.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    Has anyone noticed the new car vending machine that Carvana is building in Novi? I thought that was just a publicity thing for commercials.

What if your car gets stuck, do you rock it until your car falls out?

No, you buy the one above it and hope it knocks it down on the way out
    Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    What if your car gets stuck, do you rock it until your car falls out?

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    No, you buy the one above it and hope it knocks it down on the way out

Beauty! I'm outside and laughing out loud. People walking by are staring down at their shoes...
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; August-24-20 at 06:47 PM.

^ I turned the AC extra! Just could not take the extra heat - yet really trying not to complain.

After all, the dead-of-winter is not too far off!

After all, the dead-of-winter is not too far off!
    You mean it isn't really dead and will wake up?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast