I have been out exploring Palmer Park and I have been left with a number of questions that I am hoping someone out there might be able to answer.
1. Why was Lake Harold filled with debris from the construction of the Lodge freeway?
2. I have been looking at the DTE aerial photos of the area and it looks like there are remains of old farm fields under the golf course alongside Woodward. Does anyone know if the farm that the Palmers had had fields there?
3. Also while analyzing the aerial pictures I located what I believe is possibly a branch of Connor Creek cutting across the old golf course and over to the Detroit Golf Club. Does anyone know anything about waterways that were running through the area?
4. There seems to be ruins of some constructions in the wooded areas of the park and I am wondering if anyone has any info on what might have been located in the woods and where those things were? I located the fish breeding area, but I have found other intriguing areas.
5. The biggest question I have is if anyone knows the story behind the odd collection of sculptures that someone or a group of people have created from broken concrete and old industrial debris. There is this area that is kind of spooky and is inhabited by an assortment of sculptures and it seems like someone is building more in other areas of the park.