Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Increase and intensity of home fireworks this summer noted!

I'm near midtown Detroit [[Clairmont and the Lodge area) and have noted VERY heavy use of huge fireworks starting last Friday and for certain going off heavily now. Loud and very frequent and we've not made it to the fourth of July!

Has anyone else noted the increase in use Fireworks this summer?
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-20-20 at 08:25 AM.

I hate it, and it reminds me why they used to be illegal.

Yes and it was on the news yesterday too. While most community firework celebrations are cancelled this year, many independent sales are up. I hate it too. It was especially traumatic for my dog. Nothing would calm her.

Yes, I hear them every evening at around 10PM. Friday evening especially was particularly loud! Really annoying.

At the very least I would like to see them confined two hours a night starting, say, one half hour after sunset.

I guess it is part of what I call the 11th American Bill of Rights--the right to be loud.

They went from about 10 thru 2 AM here! Great sleeping time ----

Quote Originally Posted by CR75 View Post
    Yes, I hear them every evening at around 10PM. Friday evening especially was particularly loud! Really annoying.

They seem to be starting early for some reason,we also had em shooting off at 3 am last night,including the ever popular AK,AR and anything else that goes bang rounds.

We have the gunshot triangulation devices in our neighborhood but I think at this time of year they just ignore them.

Out here in the far Western exburbs it seems to be the exact opposite this year. Almost no fireworks activity in the last few weeks, and even the holiday weekend was kinda quiet.

About a week ago we had some idiots who started setting off fireworks down the street at 1:30 in the freaking morning. I have a lot of trouble falling asleep these days and just as I was dozing off the fireworks started; I ended up being awake for at least another hour because of it.

Same thing going on here in NYC. It's normally loud around the week of July 4th, but this has started much earlier than usual.

^^^ Three weeks BEFORE any holidays here [[Detroit)! Hah!

I first noticed fireworks being shot off about a month ago, before Memorial Day even. It is relentless, annoying and gets heavier the closer we get to Independence Day. Just wait until that weekend though since July 4 is on a Saturday. I wish I could get out of town that weekend since some state parks have fireworks-free campgrounds. Alas, that is not an option for me this year. I'll keep the windows shut and the a/c on to lessen the blow.

They go off every night here in Bagley. Some especially big, loud ones recently too.

Where I am in Dearborn, it started Memorial Day weekend. It continued that week, I speculate for Eid al Fitr. There has been something just about every night since. Some may be attributable to the Juneteenth celebrations. People on our neighborhood Facebook page are reporting not only folks shooting off fireworks at their homes & in the street, but also lighting them & throwing them out of moving cars. That is something I find very dangerous, particularly with the dry weather we've had the past week or so before today.

Yeah everyone champions a riot -- until it's at their residence!
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-24-20 at 03:03 PM.

I just heard on the radio that this is a nationwide problem. Is it coordinated?

It's been pretty quiet here [[Midtown Detroit area) lately - until the fourth of July I guess...