Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Welcome to Seattle's Protests/ Demands [[Capital Hill)!

Last edited by Zacha341; June-14-20 at 12:42 AM.

Warsaw 1939 in the United States.

At least they are providing an example of what America looks like when you defund the police.

They say they are collecting extortion payments from the business owners in order to raise funds,just a thug gang who wanted to get the police out so they could control their own territory.

Fox News runs digitally altered images in coverage of Seattle’s protests, Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone.
    Fox News published digitally altered and misleading photos on stories about Seattle’s Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone [[CHAZ) in what photojournalism experts called a clear violation of ethical standards for news organizations.

As part of a package of stories Friday about the zone, where demonstrators have taken over several city blocks on Capitol Hill after Seattle police abandoned the East Precinct, Fox’s website for much of the day featured a photo of a man standing with a military-style rifle in front of what appeared to be a smashed retail storefront.

The image was actually a mashup of photos from different days, taken by different photographers — it was done by splicing a Getty Images photo of an armed man, who had been at the protest zone June 10, with other images from May 30 of smashed windows in downtown Seattle. Another altered image combined the gunman photo with yet another image, making it appear as though he was standing in front of a sign declaring “You are now entering Free Cap Hill.”

Fox’s site had no disclaimers revealing the photos had been manipulated. The network removed the images after inquiries from The Seattle Times.

In addition, Fox’s site for a time on Friday ran a frightening image of a burning city, above a package of stories about Seattle’s protests, headlined “CRAZY TOWN.” The photo actually showed a scene from St. Paul, Minnesota, on May 30. That image also was later removed....

National news outlets on Friday also continued to cite a now-withdrawn comment by a Seattle police commander suggesting protesters were extorting payments from businesses within CHAZ. Seattle police Chief Carmen Best walked back that statement on Thursday, saying the comment was based on rumor and social media. “We haven’t had any formal reports of this occurring,” she said....

The June 10 photo of an unidentified man with a gun standing in front of a car in CHAZ was taken by Seattle freelance photographer David Ryder, who distributed the photo through Getty Images.

The image, as displayed on the Fox News website, was spliced with other photos, including a photo of a smashed retail storefront in May, making it look as though the scene was all playing out concurrently in the autonomous zone. “It is definitely Photoshopped,” confirmed Ryder. “To use a photo out of context in a journalistic setting like that seems unethical.”

Photojournalism ethics experts agreed.

“I think it’s disgraceful propaganda and terribly misrepresentative of documentary journalism in times like this, when truth-telling and accountability is so important,” said Kenny Irby, a photojournalism ethics educator and consultant. “There is no attribution. There is no acknowledgment of the montage, and it’s terribly misleading.”

Akili Ramsess, executive director of the National Press Photographers Association [[NPPA), said ethical standards clearly prohibit alteration of photos in news accounts.

“For a news photo that is supposed to be of the moment, it is completely egregious to manipulate this the way they have done,” Ramsess said.

^ I would like to see where those same people spoke out against the left media that shared doctored videos of crowded beaches,when there were none,explosions in Syria that killed women and children,that never happened,allowed the spreading of fake news about children drinking from toilets ... the list goes on with who is allowed to spread false pretense in the media.

Armed with AK-47 Rapper, RAZ SIMONE;declares himself 'sheriff" of "CHAZ", Seattle- THRASHES DISSENT

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uNe_i_XyOhU

Interesting enough there is plenty of video out there to prove what is happening,much to the chagrin of those who support what is happening.

One of their list of demands is that only African American doctors and nurses be allowed to treat African Americans.

Everybody gets released from prison and their cases are reviewed and judged by the public verses the courts.

That one would have plenty of support in this forum anyways,people love the court of public opinion.
    Last edited by Richard; June-14-20 at 09:09 AM.

President Trump would be wise to leave this situation alone. Leaving Democratic cities fester under the management of Bender, Frey, De Blasio will remind voters of the consequences of voting for Democrats. The looting, monument destruction, arson and other footage of post George Loyd Democratic cities as well as this mini-insurrection will make for wonderful election ads in November. Instead of allowing himself to be lured in and winding up with Kent State like photos, Trump should just let Democrats do what Democrat do and remind voters in November.
    Name:  lede_Portlantifa2_WilliamGagan_4541.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  79.8 KB
    https://www.wweek.com/news/2019/08/07/portlands-antifascists-punch-white-supremacists-are-they-also-helping-trump/

I am not much of a flag waver. I don't even support laws to make it illegal to burn flags. However, I've seen one too many photos of white dweebs in black antifa costumes trashing the flag and black neighborhoods that I found a little American flag in a drawer, stuck its post atop a stick of bamboo, and planted that in the ground by the curb. So there is that little, about 4"x5", flag fluttering in the breeze catching the sunlight about 6' off the ground in front of my house this Flag Day. Putting up the flag shouldn't feel like an act of defiance but it did. It felt good.
    Name:  flagburning-620-620x370.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  49.3 KB
    https://mynorthwest.com/1919212/mckenna-flag-burning-free-press/
    Last edited by oladub; June-14-20 at 10:02 AM.

Hah! Withstanding Fox-news distortions, most are not interesting in such extremes going on in Seattle as information is available from many sources beyond the right wing. Period. You don't have to be a repu-ba to NOT be looking forward to this coming to a town near you!

Indeed, this is going to be interesting over the ensuring days as the these groups and sub-groups posit their demands:

For example, the extreme far left have little problem [[or conflict) with the idea of only AA doctors treating AA's as that works with their narrative of 'safe spaces' for every oppressed group and the like. So segregation is not considered a negative in the world view of perfected intersectionality. It is championed within the construct of such.

One of the problems coming out in sustaining this event [[movement) is that this and similar planks of intersectionality will DEMAND [[within the group itself) hierarchical ascensions of power and priority which will foment sparing against each other! Worse than the original authoritarianism they are condemning! Such will be the way of it.

Increasing, per the unyielding quests for power [[seeming to plague even the most 'noble' of protests as realities set in) and discord therein the 'block party' atmosphere WILL dissolve as the sub-groups within apply the same authoritarian 'proof' tests and behaviors as the does/ did the 'oppressor'......

As this begins, it's going to get harder to square especially in as much that NOT everyone involved 'signed on' in the first place.

This captive-audience situation provides a clearer evaluation of some agenda[[s) of the far left beyond contrast of the far right. An evaluation which is often muted by the mainstream media in contrast to the showcased odiousness of the far right -- which usually renders anything else at least a bit better.

Is this a bit better?
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-14-20 at 01:44 PM.

Yep. The lefts agenda within the democratic party's getting harder to conceal.

Many classical liberals are not happy about it [[though some are trying to go along with it in apposition to the far right) and more uncomfortable in justifying the extreme lefts demands and ideologies.

It's a very tight game of chess, triple-level I'd say. If Trump makes a move and anyone is hurt, or touched, the CH movement will be martyred and he'll loose the presidency to literally 'anyone' put forth. Including Biden!

Not a Trump voter [[past or future) but I'd have to say from a strategic point he can offer assistance if and only AFTER being invited to do so by the 'admins' of Seattle as this thing goes forth.

In the meantime the world watches our folly, in full color [[withstanding any Fox-snews photo edits):

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Z-retaken.html

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    President Trump would be wise to leave this situation alone. Leaving Democratic cities fester under the management of Bender, Frey, De Blasio will remind voters of the consequences of voting for Democrats.
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-15-20 at 05:07 AM.

I think they should wall that section off,cut power and water,anybody that is affiliated with Antifa gets rounded up and thrown into their zone.

Anybody that tries to escape gets shot.

Little punks that are scared to come to Florida and try that shit,they would not be leaving that’s for sure,all they can go after are those who cannot defend themselves.

After any university’s that receive federal funds including grants and student loans,that are hotbeds of encouragement and conditioning of Antifa,are denied future funds.

Taxpayers do not fund Taliban training schools on US soil why should we be forced to fund ANTIFA.

Where is Hoover when you need him.
    Last edited by Richard; June-14-20 at 11:01 AM.

Seattle police chief on autonomous takeover: 'We did not ... abandon the precinct'

"We just want to make sure it gets resolved," says Police Chief Best

'Dweebs'... LOL! Much of this is SO artificial to the so called cause championed.

What I find ironic is those who so strain [[induced by their guilt-ridden proof-test ascribed doctrines) against their own so despised 'privilege' in denouncing such, can STILL return to their communities after trashing others.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    ...However, I've seen one too many photos of white dweebs in black antifa costumes trashing the flag and black neighborhoods that I found a little American flag in a drawer, stuck its post atop a stick of bamboo, and planted that in the ground by the curb....
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-14-20 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Seattle police chief on autonomous takeover: 'We did not ... abandon the precinct'

"We just want to make sure it gets resolved," says Police Chief

Best
    That is a propaganda piece by ABC and a lie.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M7elmhSC5-E

^^^ What an abject mess. None the less....

https://s.abcnews.com/images/US/chaz...ed_3x2_992.jpg
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-14-20 at 01:41 PM.

I love it when people trash other news channels... you can't get anymore whackadoo than the Fox "Entertainment" channel... it would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DmW_H4U-MI&t=2s

Here's a hint to those struggling to identify winged monkeys:

Winged monkeys often have difficulty restraining their overreaction against simple facts like Fox News deception.
    Last edited by Jimaz; June-14-20 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    I love it when people trash other news channels... you can't get anymore whackadoo than the Fox "Entertainment" channel... it would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic...

you love it when people trash other news channels
    so you post trashing other news channels.

Maybe that makes sense to some?

They [[Fox News) will never admit they got the C-19 Pandemic wrong. Never. This is why you must pull your news from varied sources and check the information. And then check again, over time, as they distort and pivot, hoping you forgot what as said last month.

I include the other networks and so-called news sources [[CNN, MSNBC, CBS, LA Times, New York Times, Huff-post etc.) in this! Most are reporting from the behest of politics, not the truth!

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post

Last edited by Zacha341; June-15-20 at 10:17 AM.

Well against the reporting by Fox all is well in the Seattle Protest Zone. I guess I'll take Politico at their word:

https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...st-zone-321507

Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone has their very own wiki...
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-19-20 at 07:34 AM.

One dead, another injured after shooting in Seattle's CHOP zone...

https://www.king5.com/article/news/l...f-30b40046fa59

One dead, another injured after shooting in Seattle's CHOP zone...

https://www.king5.com/article/news/l...f-30b40046fa59
    They need to get in there and shut it down. That's insane.

^^^ Can't do it. Not until the governor and mayor request or Trump will be jacked for terrorism and fascism.

Plus, some say it's going great... see post #17.

Seattle's mayor says she will dismantle the autonomous zone after two shootings and 14 days of no police because it is 'distracting' from protests [?]

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...1-wounded.html

Seattle's mayor says she will dismantle the autonomous zone after two shootings and 14 days of no police because it is 'distracting' from protests [?]

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...1-wounded.html
    Good. Too bad it took a shooting and a young man's life to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    Good. Too bad it took a shooting and a young man's life to do so.

I agree. They didn't take into consideration the rest of the people in the community. What if someone is elderly, sick, needs medical attention? A very selfish endeavor, IMO.

The ends justify the means you know.

You have to go along or your a racist, repuba, right-winger. I just love the range of choices............

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I agree. They didn't take into consideration the rest of the people in the community. What if someone is elderly, sick, needs medical attention? A very selfish endeavor, IMO.
    The first thing they did was create a border wall with security.

Defund and replace the police but call the police when the SHTF

The mayor and governor has a duty to protect its citizens,they have failed when it comes to the innocents trapped in that zone with no recourse.

They both should be brought up on charges.

It is interesting watching the real estate trends now of those fleeing the city for the suburbs now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast