Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Which is the best Detroit bike rental option?

I already try to walk, but want to consider summer biking options without having to own a personal bike. Which is the best option? MOGO? Others?

Best pricing, solid good bikes, servicing and usable phone app for payment is the criteria I am looking at. Thanks.
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-12-20 at 08:22 AM.

I used to use Zagster when they were in Detroit. They were good for wanting to recreationally bike. They're not in Detroit anymore [[I think they might still be in Dearborn). Other than MOGO, I'm not aware of any other Detroit options.

MOGO is more designed to help move you from one spot to another, as part of a transit system. I found their pricing structure discourages using MOGO for recreational use. If you want to rent a bike for two hours MOGO will cost you $18.

There's a monthly MOGO pass for $20, but you can only use the bikes 60 minutes at a time.

Here's there pricing: https://mogodetroit.org/pricing/

Yeah I am seeing MOGO seems to have it sewed up in the D. I just want to peddle about WSU and the like, not for transpo. Just exercise and sunshine. I may go with the monthly pass option as appose to as you go.

Seemed there were HAP [[Henry Ford Health Systems) biking renting options but I am not finding much. Perhaps I need some coffee..... LOL!

Using the red MOGO bikes. Great for exercise! You can raise the seats for your body type and they are well maintained and ride well.

$20 monthly rental is your best bet. You get 60-minute daily increments. I think you can restart another one for that day by just parking the bike and selecting another one. Not sure.

An hour of peddling for exercise is fine for me at this point.

The bike stations are everywhere and you get a app map to find them!

Awesome, thanks for reporting back! Maybe I'll think about giving them a try when I start working downtown again.

Support The HUB, East Side Bikes and other shops that sell used and restored. I bought my current bike at ESB for the price of a season of MOGO rentals. Used '90s bikes beat new bikes of similar price every time. CL and eBay local if nothing else.

Really sad to hear MOGO is priced this way. Denver was similar [[$5/30 min after initial rental) so I ended up ditching the bike after a stop or two and taking transit. Here, with less to do and less transit, I feel for consumers.

^^^ Yeah, I'd find it a bit restrictive and expensive where I using the bikes for true transpo as appose to limited exercise. It could get expensive VERY fast beyond that tiny 60 minute limit.