Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Default Minneapolis LEO kneeling on neck of black man That died...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ents-died.html

• The man repeatedly tells police he is in pain and cannot breathe before eventually passing out
    • Minneapolis Police Department confirmed the man later died after 'suffering medical distress'
    • FBI is now investigating man's death and two arresting officers have been placed on paid administrative leave
    • The arrest has been compared to cases of police brutality including the likes of Eric Garner, who died in 2014

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...h-custody-fbi/

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/minneap...neck-man-died/

Last edited by Zacha341; May-26-20 at 11:12 AM.

How come they never post when it's a white guy, with LEO the first thing they have to do is gain control of the situation, they do that by placing you in cuffs,some people just do not want to go to jail, and they will take advantage of every situation in order to prevent that.

So no matter what you say or who you are,until you are in cuffs and have the situation under control,they aren't going to believe anything anybody says.

I am a white guy, the last time I was arrested no less then 15 cops came out of the woodwork, I have no history of resisting arrest or violence and they weren't exactly cordial with me until after I was cuffed. It's just the way they are trained.

Nowhere in the next days paper did it read, 15 police officers descended on a white guy in order to arrest him on a false misdemeanor charge.

For the record I'm not reflexively anti LEO. No.

Nor do I think every encounter engages an innocent person. Members of my family have worked in security and law enforcement at varied levels for years. I heard many stories from varied sides.

Police officers have families too that went to see them return home safe.

Nor do I think cases like this happen only to black people. But when there is corruption and misconduct it has to be challenged.

Having said that there's an increasing problem of police misconduct applied to black people. Including the most outrageous cases where one can only wonder what would have happened had video been obtained.

And actually there's been an uptick in whites finding themselves at the receiving end of LEO misconduct!

Interestingly, as white people start to speak out, the cases are going to court faster. With less misconduct being swept under the rug... And in those cases it can't be said someone's pulling a race card!

The Daniel Shaver quickly case comes to mind:

Graphic video shows Daniel Shaver sobbing and begging officer for his life before 2016 shooting...

There are other cases. If you remain silent when LEO misconduct happens to you or your family member that is your choice.

As IS it the choice of others to demand justice for their case[[s).
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-27-20 at 07:07 AM.

Deleted... Decided that I don't want o participate in this thread.
    Last edited by Johnnny5; May-26-20 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    Deleted... Decided that I don't want o participate in this thread.
    lol why?

It is common to show only partial clips and not the whole story,it is always best to let the investigations play out verses knee jerk reactions based on public opinion.

The cops were already fired before the investigation was complete,right or wrong everybody deserves their day in court.

If we adjudicate guilty in the court of public opinion are we not the same as those who are breaking the law?

Minneapolis/St Paul were laid out and built on racial segregation
    if you bought a house they had lifetime covenants placed in the deed where you could not sell to African Americans.

Its a powder keg there now,they brought massive amounts of Somali refugees there that have pretty much taken control of the city,protected by if you mess with me you are a racist.

I think it was wrong for Kolbuchar to use race politics and find guilty before ones day in court and all of the facts are placed.

Is that how we operate,point a finger and say someone is guilty and just shoot them on site? I thought that is what we have a system of courts,in order to weed out the guilty ones.

I think part of the problem is the perception of severity of crime vs. the amount of force exhibited. I seem to remember Gardner was selling illegal cigarettes and in this case is was forgery of a check.
    Not exactly dangerous crimes. Leo's have an option of discretion in handling the situation. Nobody seems to de-escalate any more.
    Just my take.

^^^ Yep. That's in part what I am saying. The Garner death was certainly a case of escalation. While other officers stood by, calmly looking on.

Eric Garner chokehold death...
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-26-20 at 06:14 PM.

All 4 of the cops involved have been fired

Minneapolis mayor : To sit there and watch a white policeman with his knee on a black mans neck is appalling.

St Paul mayor:This should not be presented to the grand jury and should go directly to the DA for murder charges.

If everybody had their way the cops would already be swinging from a hangman’s noose in the town square.

I hope they remember all of this when the tables get turned.

Jim Crow moves from the south to the north,all he really did was change his suit.

That cop was wrong, looks to me like the cop flat out killed that guy. That cop will be given every opportunity to defend himself. I'm sure he'll have the best defense attorney the police union can come up with.

Interest to see what his previous record has been like.

A police statement said officers were responding to a "forgery in progress." "Officers were advised that the suspect was sitting on top of a blue car and appeared to be under the influence," the statement said. "Two officers arrived and located the suspect, a male believed to be in his 40s, in his car. He was ordered to step from his car.

"After he got out, he physically resisted officers. Officers were able to get the suspect into handcuffs and noted he appeared to be suffering medical distress. Officers called for an ambulance," according to the statement.
    The man died soon after, the statement said, adding: "At no time were weapons of any type used by anyone involved in this incident. … Body worn cameras were on and activated during this incident."

It says it in the link

So there are 3 more body cameras that show the whole thing.

In the posted video why did somebody in the background say “ this is where drugs get you” ?

The only story we know is a 1.5 minute video clip.

Not for nothing but from 2017 to 2020 there have been more white people shot by police then African American,2017 it was almost double.

But yet you never hear about that.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...olice-by-race/

Last edited by Richard; May-26-20 at 09:20 PM.

“ Forgery in progress“? You’ve got to be kidding me. It took four cops to stop the guy from writing a bad check? And in the process they killed him?My dad is rolling in his grave

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    “ Forgery in progress“? You’ve got to be kidding me. It took four cops to stop the guy from writing a bad check? And in the process they killed him?My dad is rolling in his grave
    I am sorry,no where I read did it say the forgery in progress was in relation to writing a bad check,can you point it out where it specifically says that?

I would hate to think your father is rolling in his grave based on an assumption that led to an entire criminal case diagnosis over the Internet.

A police statement said officers were responding to a "forgery in progress."

who was stopped Monday night on a report of a forgery,

Two different accounts in the newspapers.

Forgery is a felony in the state of Minnesota.

We do not know what was actually being forged but the officers responding only knew,from what we are presented with,is they received a felony call where the individual was intoxicated,when they arrived he resisted arrest which in turn they used more aggressive measures to detain him.

Bystanders addressing the police really has no role in what they are doing,of the police listened to bystanders on every arrest,nobody would ever get arrested.

If they are performing an accepted form of detainment how are they supposed to predict the outcome.

No autopsy results have been released to the public as to cause of death people are only seeing,white cop with his knee on a black mans neck,guilty shoot him on site.

Jcole you posted that all 4 cops were fired,they were not,2 were fired 2 are on administrative duties.The newspapers all are reporting that they were all fired but on the news the mayor said different.

Firing them before finding them guilty of a crime is pandering to the crowd.

How do you know for a fact that the man did not have a hand full of pills that he stuck in his mouth when the police pulled up,they got stuck in his throat and he choked to death.

We do not know,now we say he was choked to death with only viewing the video.

There are 3 more videos out there and autopsy and a through investigation that will provide the facts verses speculation and look how many even here have judged all parties automatically guilty.

People claim the police judge them guilty during arrest and do not like that,but we are exactly the same thing.

Personally I kinda like the whole no judge,no jury,no trial and let us just deal with thing like in the old west days.

We are supposed to be better then that.

Look at how many ran to Jussie Smullets side,and what happened.

Who posted they would like to slap the smirk off of the kids face,based on a selected video clip,the same kid who won a multi million dollar lawsuit against the newspapers for defamation by only showing one side of the story.

All the cases where people pre judge and wish harm in others before even getting the facts.

What happens when it is your name on the headlines?

In Minneapolis, kneeling on a suspect’s neck is allowed under the department’s use-of-force policy for officers who have received training in how to compress a neck without applying direct pressure to the airway. It is considered a “non-deadly force option,” according to the department’s policy handbook.

https://www.seacoastonline.com/zz/ne...h-of-black-man
    Last edited by Richard; May-26-20 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    It is considered a “non-deadly force option,” according to the department’s policy handbook.
    Dude died Dude. Sounds deadly to me.

Not the first time at the rodeo! Minneapolis has a history of LEO misconduct:

Mohamed Noor, former Minneapolis police officer, sentenced in fatal shooting of Australian woman

Dog shootings result in lawsuits filed...

Two service dogs shot by Minneapolis police...
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-27-20 at 08:21 AM.

In Minneapolis, kneeling on a suspect’s neck is allowed under the department’s use-of-force policy for officers who have received training in how to compress a neck without applying direct pressure to the airway. It is considered a “non-deadly force option,” according to the department’s policy handbook.

https://www.seacoastonline.com/zz/ne...h-of-black-man
    Think not, Richard.
    From CNN:
    Mayor Jacob Frey has said the technique used to pin George Floyd's head to the ground was against department regulations.After several minutes of pleading with an officer pressing a knee to the back of his neck, the man appeared motionless, his eyes shut, his head against the pavement.
    Frey, speaking during a town hall streamed on Facebook, said the officer had no reason to employ the hold on the man's neck.
    "The technique that was used is not permitted; is not a technique that our officers get trained in on," he said. "And our chief has been very clear on that piece. There is no reason to apply that kind of pressure with a knee to someone's neck."

"Forgery in progress"...
    If he wasn't kiting a check or trying to cash a fake lottery ticket, what was he doing, making a sword on an anvil? Making fake Ginsus?
    And, yes, my Dad would be rolling in his grave regardless of what you say if any of his men knelt on someone's throat until they died. He was a cop, but he knew what was inhumane.

I am sorry,no where I read did it say the forgery in progress was in relation to writing a bad check,can you point it out where it specifically says that?

^^^Yes. We have a problem in how some LEOs are trained and expressing their authority in various situations. Literally [[what's being reveal increasingly in live videos) it's not looking good at all.

Excessive force applied here using an unauthorized technique. Easy to dismiss until it's your family member or someone you know/ love experiencing the judge/ jury and sentencing on the spot!

Totally inappropriate use of force as we have seen in other cases:

Woman shot dead by Texas police through bedroom window

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...icted-n1105916
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-27-20 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    "Forgery in progress"...
    If he wasn't kiting a check or trying to cash a fake lottery ticket, what was he doing, making a sword on an anvil? Making fake Ginsus?
    And, yes, my Dad would be rolling in his grave regardless of what you say if any of his men knelt on someone's throat until they died. He was a cop, but he knew what was inhumane.
    I do not know,like yourself I was not there and I am not going to speculate or assume anything.

How do you know he was not forging a prescription?

Thats kinda what the investigation is for.

I posted police policy as was reported,you posted what CNN said,clearly somebody is incorrect there.

You have already determined cause of death based on what you see and not what you know.
    Last edited by Richard; May-27-20 at 08:18 AM.

Amy Klobuchar [[D - Minnesota Senator)

My statement on the officer-involved death in Minneapolis:

https://twitter.com/amyklobuchar/sta...86358551191558

Klobuchar didn't prosecute controversial police killings or brutality cases as a county attorney

https://www.apmreports.org/story/201...nty-prosecutor
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-27-20 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Amy Klobuchar [[D - Minnesota Senator)

My statement on the officer-involved death in Minneapolis:

https://twitter.com/amyklobuchar/sta...86358551191558

Klobuchar didn't prosecute controversial police killings or brutality cases as a county attorney
    Both links came back as "not found." Hmmn.....

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Thanks. I see someone responded to her tweet with that link.

I am a white guy, the last time I was arrested no less then 15 cops came out of the woodwork, I have no history of resisting arrest or violence and they weren't exactly cordial with me until after I was cuffed. It's just the way they are trained.
    LOL, the LAST time you were arrested? Implying there were times before that? So what crime did you commit, Richard?

Yep because I saw that cop kneeling on his neck before he died
    You have already determined cause of death based on what you see and not what you know.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast