Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Detroit Nursing Home Patient Beaten

Horrid... This and a myriad of other reasons why you MUST ABSOLUTELY regularly visit any loved one, or friend that is in assisted or independent care. This NUT-CASE is beyond redemption to do this.

Self-justified behavior I'm certain as is usually the case with batterers!
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-23-20 at 05:29 PM.

Poor nursing home care is a dirty little secret that everyone knows about but prefers to look away. Underpaid and overworked full & part-time personal support workers, for-profit ownership that doesn't care, lack of gov't inspections, etc. etc.

One of the news stations had a short interview with the father of the young man in this video. Apparently he suffers from mental illness and violent outbursts and was being held for his own protection [[If I remember correctly at UofM hospital) prior to this. While there he tested positive for Covid19 so he was discharged and transferred to this nursing facility which supposedly housed other positive patients. Not sure if any of that is true, but his father was very apologetic and said that he never should have been sent there given his history.
    Last edited by Johnnny5; May-23-20 at 04:45 PM.

So to confirm. The man being filmed beating residents is a patient with mental health issues, and not a nurse/worker. Why he was co-housed with elderly/frail patients is beyond me. Why wasn’t the father notified? Who initiated the transfer?

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Poor nursing home care is a dirty little secret that everyone knows about but prefers to look away.... lack of gov't inspections, etc. etc.
    I generally agree with that except there's not a total lack of gov't inspections. State of Michigan visits periodically "in the flesh" [[pre-pandemic, of course) and invites comments from anyone concerned.
    Last edited by Jimaz; May-23-20 at 08:05 PM.

My cancer-ridden sister-in-law spent her last month in a nursing home here in metro Las Vegas. It was pretty nasty in my view, and very unsanitary. However, she was not conscious and the final solution was right around the corner, so I didn't make any effort to better her surroundings. Had she been alert in any way, I would have.

"The 75-year-old man from the Westwood Rehabilitation Nursing Centre in Detroit is being treated in a local hospital after being repeatedly punched in the face by another patient, who appeared to film the attack in two clips posted to Twitter.
    The woman who first noticed the video and alerted police said that if the Detroit nursing home had been receiving visitors, action might have been taken sooner..."

If I came to work, was doing my daily rounds, and saw Honky Tonk lying there with bruises, swelling, and lacerations on their face, wouldn't I be required to report it to whoever was in charge, and some kind of action would be taken? Someone saw the video on Twitter and reported it? smh...
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; May-23-20 at 08:40 PM.

It was Nitwhitmer who decided covid patients should be placed in nursing homes! At the same time she had Wayne Beaumont and the two overflow centers at Cobo and Novi sitting empty. We are headed for another lost decade just like Jenny from the block!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    It was Nitwhitmer who decided covid patients should be placed in nursing homes! At the same time she had Wayne Beaumont and the two overflow centers at Cobo and Novi sitting empty. We are headed for another lost decade just like Jenny from the block!
    Where did you hear Covid-19 patients were put into nursing homes?
    Last edited by Gistok; May-25-20 at 07:46 PM.

^^^ My understanding is the too many C-19 patients were allowed to stay too long in nursing homes and independent living over being sent to them.

The cases built up and the centers were woefully inadequate to deal with the numbers while at the same time trying to negate that they had a problem for PR sake. One center, where I have a friend living at in Oakland county was so bad at one point the US Postal service refused to deliver residents their mail.

Nursing homes have no obligation to take a covid patient let alone one with psychological issues. Curious as to why the hospital released him in the first place. And why did the facility put him in a room with another resident? According to the order, long term care facilities are suppose to have a designated area for covid patients with proper PPE, just as the hospitals do.
    Last edited by Maof; May-26-20 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    https://www.detroitnews.com/story/op...ow/5220929002/

Are we trying to kill our elderly? Why the hell are covid patients being put in nursing homes in the first place? holy sh*t.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Don't you know that Whitmer micromanages how every nursing home in the state operates, as well as dictates to private health systems like Beaumont who they can accept and how they will operate? Wheels said so and he's the expert!

My sister-in-law was in a "nursing home" for two weeks before she died of cancer. The place was right out of something from around 800 a.d.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Don't you know that Whitmer micromanages how every nursing home in the state operates, as well as dictates to private health systems like Beaumont who they can accept and how they will operate? Wheels said so and he's the expert!
    Yeah it's pretty funny that we constantly have the argument between private and public healthcare, and then when private healthcare screws up, we blame the government anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWylie View Post
    Yeah it's pretty funny that we constantly have the argument between private and public healthcare, and then when private healthcare screws up, we blame the government anyway.
    It's because this country has been brainwashed to think private=good public=bad.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    She wrote the executive order so ya I guess that is a way to micromanage.
    Maybe if you learn to read you can be like her.

She wrote the executive order so ya I guess that is a way to micromanage.
    Maybe if you learn to read you can be like her.
    Her executive order said "put mentally unwell patients in a room with elderly patients with nobody watching?"

Quote Originally Posted by JonWylie View Post
    Her executive order said "put mentally unwell patients in a room with elderly patients with nobody watching?"
    The 20yr old was transferred from UofM Hospital after testing positive for Covid-19. I doubt the nursing home had the full info on his mental state.

https://www.wxyz.com/news/region/det...19-says-father