Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Default New Corona Virus thread.

I think this is needed, and I would ask all respondents to keep their thoughts and replies short.....one or two paragraphs, be then positive or negative. [[I hate it when someone responds with forty paragraphs just to say "yes" or "no".)

I truly believe we are faced with a particularly nasty virus this spring, but just one of those we face every year. However, I think the governmental response has been totally excessive and unconstitutional. I grant you, I'm 83 and gonna die in a few years anyway, so I don't really much give a care.

So how say you, fellow DYes'ers? Am I the wacko, or has big government gone way over the borders? Fire away.

The chicken little's were waaay out front on this one.

Recall Gretchmer and the rest of the Tyrants.

Give me liberty or give me death.

and the 2A to protect it,you see the reason they want to abolish it.

What was happening in 1968/1969 that few paid attention to?
    Last edited by Richard; May-16-20 at 08:25 PM.

Take a look at this data, it's pretty telling: https://www.mdch.state.mi.us/osr/Pro...lyDxCounts.asp

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    I think this is needed, and I would ask all respondents to keep their thoughts and replies short.....one or two paragraphs, be then positive or negative. [[I hate it when someone responds with forty paragraphs just to say "yes" or "no".)

I truly believe we are faced with a particularly nasty virus this spring, but just one of those we face every year. However, I think the governmental response has been totally excessive and unconstitutional. I grant you, I'm 83 and gonna die in a few years anyway, so I don't really much give a care.

So how say you, fellow DYes'ers? Am I the wacko, or has big government gone way over the borders? Fire away.
    You're nuts.

The books are being cooked. The numbers are falsely inflated to include even the suspicion of this bug being the cause. No proof is required. At the advanced ages that seem to be affected the most, even a simple cold or insect bite causing an allergic reaction could hasten their demise.

This thread should be in Non-Detroit

^^^ I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    The books are being cooked. The numbers are falsely inflated to include even the suspicion of this bug being the cause. No proof is required. At the advanced ages that seem to be affected the most, even a simple cold or insect bite causing an allergic reaction could hasten their demise.
    Murder statistics are also falsely inflated. If someone gets shot to death, how can we definitely say that the bullet killed them? What if they had a heart attack one second before the bullet pierced their flesh and it was the heart attack that killed them? See, you can't say for sure, so therefore murder statistics are bullshit. Same for auto accident deaths. How can anyone say that flying through the windshield of your car and suffering severe blunt force trauma is what killed you? You might have had a deadly stroke just seconds before that happened!

IMO the majority of the response from our state and local governments has been reasonable given the high risks involved. That said, it's getting to a point now where these indefinite restrictions need to have concrete end dates. If not, we risk getting to a point where the long term damage to our economy and society may exceed that of the direct damage from Covid19.
    Last edited by Johnnny5; May-17-20 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    This thread should be in Non-Detroit
    Yes. Thanks, Lowell.

Yes, this thing is WAY overblown. Death rates similar to FLU.

The media is hyping it for fun and profit.

Do you people really believe that doctors and nurses across America, hundreds of thousands if not millions of medical professionals, are all part of a vast evil conspiracy to take away your civil liberties and/or "hurt Donald Trump" by deliberately lying about a viral pandemic?

That's what you really believe?

Internet police is also an example.

Interesting enough judges across the country are overturning states restrictions based on constitutional law,given the broad powers to the states during a declared emergency,they have to be really overstepping the lines.

Lady on MSNBC,I cannot believe that people are not following the government guidelines,they should be listening and staying home as ordered.

People like that,is why we are where we are at.

Representative was yelling at the hearings,Detroit is number 3 as a hot spot,no,Detroit has been number 7,not that it is any consolation,but if they cannot be honest with the people why do they think they are going to blindly follow them.

This is the America I missed,when we stand up and remind the politicians that they represent we the people,you can tell which politicians have a problem with that and are shocked that we do not follow their personal power grabs.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Do you people really believe that doctors and nurses across America, hundreds of thousands if not millions of medical professionals, are all part of a vast evil conspiracy to take away your civil liberties and/or "hurt Donald Trump" by deliberately lying about a viral pandemic?

Yes. Yes, they do. By their own admittance.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post

I believe those you listed and including police and firefighters and military are examples of those who provide the self sacrifice for the greater good,they run into the fire everyday,and others just discovered they actually exist.

So you can have the privilege of cowering in your home,while expecting others to provide food,Internet,power, and all the comforts that others are providing for you at a time when it could cost them their life so you can personally exist.

Yes I believe others have taken the opportunity of the virus in Oder to promote their agenda and abuse it while others are loosing their lives.

I believe that because they prove it everyday.

Personally if they are going to risk their life for me,I will be damned if i am going to sit around sucking up their sacrifices without doing something to make sure a country still exists for them to enjoy afterwards,otherwise it was all just needless sacrificing and a waste.

You have a personal choice to stay in your house locked down,no law says you have to come out,stay there.

But you do not have the right to lambaste others for their choices,even more so when millions others are not as comfy as you are.

You lost that right when you stand there hiding while expecting the rest of the world to bleed for your personal existence.

If you are in a hot spot,by all means do what it takes to protect you and yours,people understand that,but in order to do that,the rest of the country needs to feed the machine,so you can do that safely.
    Last edited by Richard; May-17-20 at 12:11 PM.

You lost that right when you stand there hiding while expecting the rest of the world to bleed for your personal existence.
    Hmmm...I must be confused. I could have sworn it was those very people repeatedly telling me to stay home...for them.

I get a kick out of the protesters who can't wrap their heads around the concept that you're wearing the mask for others, and not yourself.

I've just reached the point where I consider conspiracy people an edge for me. I can only guess they are using the same lousy deductive skills as they scan their personal environment and make decisions. I'm glad to not be bogged down by such garbage. I do use it for personal amusement though. Watching entertainment news and surfing crazy web-sites today is like following tv preachers in the late 80's & early 90's. There's Rev. Tiltons everywhere !
    Last edited by Bong-Man; May-17-20 at 12:25 PM.

You see, Ray, there is no way for some people to keep their responses short, so here we go again with yet another Covid thread

Please do not feed AJ.

He's brainwashed by the media,.. and cannot be saved.

Feeding into his hysteria just ruins yet another thread.

He CANNOT see facts. They're invisible to him.

Doctors complaining on TV about being pressured to put Covid down as the cause of death, even when they don't believe it to be so,.. official letters from the CDC and FDA instructing hospitals to do this, massive financial incentives of $13,000 and $39,000 per patient to list Covid, etc etc, etc are not enough to convince him that Covid death numbers are over-inflated.

And even if they aren't,.. it's just a bit worse than things we face every year. Actually,.. the world death rates are just 1/2 of the seasonal flu, which averages around 645,000 in just 3 months time [[A rate of death 8 x greater than Covid).

And AJ will probably be first in line for an ineffective and highly risky vaccine.

Hopefully the moderators will delete everything past post #13, so that Ray's thread can get back on track for it's goal of essentially being a poll of how we all think on this topic.
    Last edited by Bigdd; May-17-20 at 01:42 PM.

Hmmm...I must be confused. I could have sworn it was those very people repeatedly telling me to stay home...for them.

Yes,selectively.

The goal was to not overwhelm the hospitals.

look at the intricacies involved in the infrastructure and food chain and the amount of people that are needed in order for all of that to work.

Thousands are required in the chain just for 1 person to go grocery shopping alone.

How much of the country has actually been locked down?

The one thing is for certain is we now know schools are not considered essential.

When it boils down to it,what working citizen is not essential to the country or city.We all play our role.

You see, Ray, there is no way for some people to keep their responses short, so here we go again with yet another Covid thread
    No surprise there,remove everything you do not agree with.

No need to try and understand why others feel they way they do,your way or the highway.

Some politicians used the virus to trash the constitution.

I agree.

End of discussion

It is that simple.

Short enough for those who wish to have a little internet police power,and use their form of oppression.

Nobody actually forces anybody to click and read.
    Last edited by Richard; May-17-20 at 12:50 PM.

There are enough threads on this site for you to bloviate on; why do you need another?
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    No surprise there,remove everything you do not agree with.

No need to try and understand why others feel they way they do,your way or the highway.

Some politicians used the virus to trash the constitution.

I agree.

End of discussion

It is that simple.

Short enough for those who wish to have a little internet police power,and use their form of oppression.

There are enough threads on this site for you to bloviate on; why do you need another?
    So now you are up to 3 posts complaining about a thread that you have had no contribution in,outside of complaining about it.

And it is everybody else’s fault.

While using your Twitter skills and in 5 words or less do you believe there has been an overreach of political power and explain why you feel that way.
    Last edited by Richard; May-17-20 at 12:58 PM.

It might have helped had the thread been set-up with actual 'poll' percentage check boxes from questions with yes or no, or not-interested options!

Such surveys/ polls have been created on various topics before....

Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdd View Post
    ...Hopefully the moderators will delete everything past post #13, so that Ray's thread can get back on track for it's goal of essentially being a poll of how we all think on this topic.
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-17-20 at 03:57 PM.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast