Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Does anyone know any celebrities that have houses or apartments in Detroit City Limit

As I know many celebrities still live in Metro Detroit, but not that many live in Detroit City Limits, I know Kid Rock owned a house, so does Tony Hawk and actor Harper Hill, but anyone else's?

Kid Rock purchased a house a few houses down from the Manoogian Mansion. I don't know if he actually lived there. I just remember some very loud parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Former_Detroiter View Post
    Kid Rock purchased a house a few houses down from the Manoogian Mansion. I don't know if he actually lived there. I just remember some very loud parties.
    You can scratch Kid Rock off the list of Detroiters. It’s a mutual thing!

Aretha had multiple homes I think. Not sure if Big Sean owns anything.

Has Eminem ever owned a house in city limits? Kinda lame that he always had some ugly sprawlburb mcmansion.
    Last edited by Metro25; April-07-20 at 11:44 AM.

I'm not at liberty to say who, but through my former employment I know of several Athletes past and present have apartments downtown. Most of them probably have home elsewhere but they must spend at least some time in the city.

Quote Originally Posted by shawring View Post
    ...and actor Harper Hill...
    That would be Hill Harper.
    https://www.detroitchamber.com/hill-...le-of-detroit/

Wes Borland, guitarist for Limp Bizkit, and wife Carré Callaway of Queen Kong bought a house on Arden Park about 5 years ago. Still there?

Hill Harper CSI NY and part owner of Roasting Plant bought a house in Boston Edison

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post
    Hill Harper CSI NY and part owner of Roasting Plant bought a house in Boston Edison
    Hill Harper bought the Charles T. Fisher Mansion on W Boston Blvd.
    https://detroit.curbed.com/2018/9/14...ers-show-house

I think Martha Reeves still lives in Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by K-slice View Post
    I'm not at liberty to say who, but through my former employment I know of several Athletes past and present have apartments downtown. Most of them probably have home elsewhere but they must spend at least some time in the city.
    I saw Thon Maker exiting an apartment building last spring, so I presume he is one. Kind of hard to miss that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Knocturnal View Post
    I saw Thon Maker exiting an apartment building last spring, so I presume he is one. Kind of hard to miss that guy.
    Pretty sure Christian Wood lives in the Broderick. When he was the first person in Detroit to get Coronavirus there was a report that a resident in the Broderick had it, who also had a history of domestic travel and contact with an infected person. All of that plus it's been known to host some athletes during their time here.

Joni Mitchell had a fifth-floor walk-up apartment in the Verona building on the corner of Cass and Ferry by Wayne State in the 1960’s, this one.

Name:  567.jpg
Views: 1891
Size:  73.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Former_Detroiter View Post
    I think Martha Reeves still lives in Detroit.
    yes, she lives in Lafayette Park neighborhood

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
    Wes Borland, guitarist for Limp Bizkit, and wife Carré Callaway of Queen Kong bought a house on Arden Park about 5 years ago. Still there?
    They did a good job rehabbing that house. It made an interesting tv show.

Dream Hampton creator of the Surviving R. Kelly documentary lives in the huge 1300 building on Lafayette and "Sugar Man" singer Sixto Rodriguez lives in a private fenced in home in Woodbridge. Anita Baker & rapper Kash Doll both live somewhere in GPF but that's all I can name off hand.

This is like the saddest list ever.

The fact is, most "celebrities," whether they are from Detroit, Chicago, Atlanta, where ever, end up moving to LA or NYC. Athletes tend to move to LA or Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by K-slice View Post
    That be they trap house for that side piece

^^^ Ooh! That's so naughty......

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
    I believe they're divorced

Quote Originally Posted by zacha341 View Post
    ^^^ ooh! that's so naughty......
    ¯\_[[ツ)_/¯ y o l o

Here’s some interesting ones.

Name:  detroit.jpg
Views: 1519
Size:  66.4 KB

Analytics Dept. file this under "Comeback Metric" for tracking

Quote Originally Posted by CassTechGrad View Post
    Here’s some interesting ones.
    Now if we're talking past addresses or childhood homes...

Smokey Robinson - 581 Belmont St [[North End)

Diana Ross - 635 Belmont St [[North End)

Stevie Wonder - 18074 Greenlawn St [[Bagley)

Malcolm X - 18827 Keystone St [[Krainz Woods)

Spencer Haywood - 18421 Sunset St [[Krainz Woods)

Jesse Owens - 18561 Binder St [[Conant Gardens)

J Dilla - 3100 Berry St [[Grixdale/Conant Gardens)

Xzibit - 19400 Healy St [[Pershing)

Aaliyah - 19315 Warrington Dr [[Sherwood Forest)

Danny Brown - 2675 Montgomery [[Dexter-Linwood)

Kash Doll - 9000 Dexter Ave [[Dexter-Linwood)

Eminem - 19946 Dresden St [[Pulaski)

Royce Da 5’9” - 16650 Baylis [[Martin Park) & 17150 Northlawn [[Bagley)

Notes:
    - Big Sean grew up on 6 & Northlawn [[same exact block as Royce da 5’9” but not at the same time)
    - Snoop Dogg use to spend high school summers with his dad in a home on Woodhall near Cadieux & Morang and worked temporarily at the McDonald's at Eastland Mall.
    - Tee Grizzley grew up in Warrendale on Greenview & Constance.
    - DeJ Loaf is from Fairview Manor Apartments near S.E. High School on Fairview & Mack Ave.
    - Bizarre from D12 still lives on 7 & Stout Street.
    - Smoky Robinson & Diana Ross lived 6 or 7 houses apart from each other before she moved to Brewster-Douglass.
    - LeVan Hawkins [[Pizza Hut and Burger King owner) lived in the Riverfront condos [[along with Rosa Parks) before he went to prison.
    - The Aaliyah link [[https://gramho.com/media/1622667546631867752) with late 80’s/early 90’s childhood images paired with images of the home as of 3 years ago is pretty sad.
    - Here’s another link I found of Past Celebrity Home Addresses. http://www.detroitwalktofame.com/det...brities-homes/
    Last edited by Sehv313; April-11-20 at 01:01 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast