Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Grecian Gardens "Little Black Book"

Looking for reliable sources of information [[news articles, court records etc) regarding the investigation into alleged corruption of city officials implicated in the"little black book" kept by the Giacalone brothers in the 1960's.

Cannot you get information by searching the court and media records?

Highly doubtful even today one will be able to get first hand knowledge,or would want to even go down the slippery slope of trying to obtain it.

I know nothing, I see nothing....

Nick Colacasides opened the back door for a group of us as a shortcut because we parked behind the Grecian Gardens restaurant. We were in Civil Air Patrol together. We walked through through the back room which was larger than the restaurant part up front. My understanding from Nick was that his father owned the restaurant. I was surprised when the 'night manager' rudely berated Nick in front of us all for taking us through that room. If I recall, the night manager's name was Vitale.

Nick was found hanging in the stairway of his GP Park flat a few months after the book was found. It was ruled a suicide but as much as I knew Nick, he wasn't the sensitive kind that prone to suicide. I took his hanging as a punishment to his father for letting that book get into the wrong hands.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Nick Colacasides opened the back door for a group of us as a shortcut because we parked behind the Grecian Gardens restaurant. We were in Civil Air Patrol together. We walked through through the back room which was larger than the restaurant part up front. My understanding from Nick was that his father owned the restaurant. I was surprised when the 'night manager' rudely berated Nick in front of us all for taking us through that room. If I recall, the night manager's name was Vitale.

Nick was found hanging in the stairway of his GP Park flat a few months after the book was found. It was ruled a suicide but as much as I knew Nick, he wasn't the sensitive kind that prone to suicide. I took his hanging as a punishment to his father for letting that book get into the wrong hands.
    Alex Karras and Jimmy Butsicaris felt they were in the best restaurant of old Greektown.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryC View Post
    Looking for reliable sources of information [[news articles, court records etc) regarding the investigation into alleged corruption of city officials implicated in the"little black book" kept by the Giacalone brothers in the 1960's.
    It was one biggest stories of 1966-67 in Detroit. The Piggins Grand Jury and Bowles Grand Jury should yield a large search result. Joe Louisell was also an attorney on the case.