Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Thread: Paging Tponetom

Default Paging Tponetom

Happy 60th wedding anniversary to you and Peggy! Hope it was a good celebration.

Sorry this is a little belated.

Ditto.
    Only the best wishes, from your home town!

t: We'll be taking a small detour on the way to the Jazz Festival, down Canton St/Ave. Will salute the old neighborhood!

Happy Anniversary! This is a great time of year to be married, poised between summer and fall, with all the fruits of harvest coming to farmer's markets along bright sunny roads. Time to get ready for winter and cozy times with that wonderful partner.

I'll just echo what everyone just said!

me too. happy anniversary

From me as well, I've loved your musings.

Thank you, to one and all.
    We, meaning Peggy and I, are in agreement on giving our opinions on the subject of our own matrimonial longevity.
    Briefly then, the first thirty years were touch and go. It was a daily chore, combating all the manifold elements that threaten connubial stability and bliss.
    The second thirty years was easily the most rewarding. Why? Because I finally got around to seeing ‘things’ her way. And I have been wallowing in them ever since.
    A small dilemma has developed in our future aspirations.
    Our 30th anniversary was , ‘PEARL!’ Our 50th was ‘GOLD.Our 60th is ‘DIAMOND.
    No problem with any of them.
    Yesterday, I told her that it would be redundant to try for ‘ 75' because that, too, is a ‘DIAMOND’
    Instead, with ‘tongue in cheek’ I suggested that we go for ‘80' which is ‘OAK,’ like in wood. Not surprisingly, she smiled and said, "I think that is a wonderful idea!"
    The reason being, during our U. P. days, wood, [[like in firewood) was second only to water in our personal survival kit.
    About 30 years ago, our daughter gave us a framed embroidery piece which is presently hanging on the wall, just above my monitor. It shows a beaver chomping on the lower trunk of a tree, with his very prominent two front teeth.
    The caption states, "When you cut your own wood, it warms you twice.!"
    I told her that if we make it to 80, we would buy ‘us’ a forest.

Ravine Guest

Here's to you & your beloved, Tom. Congratulations.

tponetom & Peggy:
    We have not heard from you. You are in our thoughts. Write, when you can.

Bob1
    I am still trying to figure out what the fourth character in your user name is. ! l I. ?

Bob1
    I am still trying to figure out what the fourth character in your user name is. ! l I. ?
    The above reply, [[# 10) to your page, was another Freudian slip. [[I lost control of my keyboard.)
    It was the beginning of my reply, which I am having a problem with, starting.
    Early on, when I joined the Detroit Forum, I had mentioned, a few times, that I do not like to write sad stories.
    The past six months or so have been normal. Normal for octogenarians, that is. And that all depends on how you look at it! At my age, “Sauce for the goose is not necessarily sauce for the gander.”
    So, I will post a 'Page' to you, ASAP, and hope that it is coherent enough to understand. For older people, in their fifties or sixties , it might serve as a bellwether of things to come.

Quote Originally Posted by tponetom View Post
    Bob1
    It is the small letter: l
    Good to hear from you. My late mom once told me that "growing old is not for sissies". As East Side Detroiters, she and dad fought the good fight.
    Peace