Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Everyday heroes - A shout out to our essential role workers

Our new front-line warriors aren't highly-trained weapon-toting war-fighters zooming in on high tech helicopters or caped-superheroes.

Nope, they are the unknown little gals and guys suddenly and with no warning thrust into a mighty battle against an invisible and deadly enemy that not only threatens them but their families--often for minimal wages.

Today's Free Press honors a few of them in an excellent article.
    Name:  Freep Heroes.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  28.6 KB
    https://www.freep.com/in-depth/news/...bs/5083514002/

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-03-29 at 11.13.43 AM.png
Views: 443
Size:  10.9 KB

Thank you, Lowell. It is very important to keep in mind these heroes. Thanks for reminding us of the dedication of these workers.

Absolutely!

i don't generally pray but for all of those who are currently working SO hard and risking their own lives, i send most sincere thanks and prayers for your comfort and health. also, extend those wishes to families of those who serve, whose sacrifices are often forgotten. THANK YOU, ALL!

I gave someone a 70+% tip today. To be honest, I hadn't intended to do that but there was an unexpected credit so I just gave him that too. "Call it combat pay."

Thank you!

Absolutely. These are conditions nobody could ever dream of. To keep going in the name of saving lives is unreal. My hats off and prayers for ALL!