Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Corona binge watching recommendations

Interesting enough when I bought my current hoarder house it came loaded with over 1500 books,I donated them so in the absence of books there is binge watching.

I am thinking

The Godfather series
    The Sopranos
    Band of Brothers
    Man in the high castle
    Game of Thrones

Anymore?

I stream and I will admit I take advantage of the many 7 day free trials for some of the main suppliers for binge watching series.

I saw a funny meme on social media.

Day 3 of home schooling,two kids got suspended and the teacher was fired for drinking on the job.

Thankfully my kids are well grown and their children are in good hands,parents are going to have their hands full of this new found concept of family spending lots of time together.

I tend to like oldie series too:

Columbo...? Nice for dozing too as well. Old rumpled coat [[Peter Falk) features many favorite actors [[Robert Culp, Jack Cassidy, Patrick McGoohan etc.) does not require much mentally.

Can be streamed off a Firestick/ and available on Youtube. Hah!
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-19-20 at 05:08 AM.

Outlander
    Ted Talks
    Roots
    Against the Wind - Australian television miniseries
    Vikings [[History Channel first 3 years)
    I, Claudius
    Dae Jang Geum -Korean drama series

My related question is what is available for children with both some entertainment value and educational information? I couldn't come up with many Ted talks suitable for children but came up with classic movies like Treasure Island which was a big hit. Dog of Flanders, Old Yeller, and more on the way from Netflix. That's another topic area; how to educate children in lieu of no school. We are all homeschoolers now.
    Last edited by oladub; March-19-20 at 09:51 AM.

Midsomer Murders
    Murdoch Mysteries
    Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries

For Kids:

Disney+
    Phineas and Ferb - One of the best kid's shows ever made
    Gravity Falls - Second best kid's show ever made. It's a perfect, two-season send up of the X-Files set in a tourist trap like the Mystery Spot.

Netflix
    The Dragon Prince
    Shaun The Sheep
    Carmen Sandiego

Another plug for Disney+: The Mandelorian is probably the best Star Wars thing made since the original trilogy.

Youtube:

Rebecca [[2 hour 1940 Hitchcock Oscar winner)
    Time Team [[UK series on solving archeological mysteries).

Schitt's Creek.... 6 season [[14 episodes per season)Canadian comedy TV show that is hilarious, staring 2 of SCTVs Second City alumni... Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara. This is a funny show like no other.... Free on Netflix, or get it on DailyMotion [[start with Season 1, Episode 1)....

https://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x6avx2

This show is a treasure... leave it to Canadian humor... great!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Youtube:

Rebecca [[2 hour 1940 Hitchcock Oscar winner)
    Time Team [[UK series on solving archeological mysteries).

Schitt's Creek.... 6 season [[14 episodes per season)Canadian comedy TV show that is hilarious, staring 2 of SCTVs Second City alumni... Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara. This is a funny show like no other.... Free on Netflix, or get it on DailyMotion [[start with Season 1, Episode 1)....

https://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x6avx2

This show is a treasure... leave it to Canadian humor... great!!

I agree!....Roland Schitt

I'm always on YouTube for history docs. and technology updates.

On Amazon Prime, I've watched ALL of Boardwalk Empire for the third time.
    Currently, I'm watching

1) Hunters
    2) Black Sails
    3) Jamestown
    4) Dickensian

And a few oldies from the early 70's-
    Fritz the Cat
    And "What do you say to a naked lady ?" [[Alan Funt, Candid Camera)

Better Call Saul

The Sound of Music,
    spongebob squarepants
    Gilligan's Island
    Seven Samurai
    Les quatre cents coups
    La Dolce Vita
    all the friggin' Rambos
    Modern Times
    Lawrence Welk... all of them. Tiny bubbles galore.

Order HBO for $15/month. Enough time to binge on:

The Wire [[best show ever)
    Boardwalk Empire
    The Sopranos
    Band of Brothers
    The Pacific

That's about 200 hours of great drama. Even at 8 hours a day you'll need the entire month to get through it all.

And no, I don't work for HBO or Comcast....

Found out this morning that Comcast has free Showtime TV and movies for a limited time.

The movies are pretty much second rate, but I will binge on seasons 9&10 of Shameless to catch up.

And I'm sick of all the Harry Potter, Rambo, Rocky, Transformers, X-men marathons and such day after day, month after month on cable. We pay premium ransom money for that ?
    Last edited by Bigb23; March-26-20 at 08:19 AM.

1964, Vincent Price, 1 hour 38 minutes.

New Castle After Dark presents The Masque of the Red Death
    A European prince terrorizes the local peasantry while using his castle as a refuge against the "Red Death" plague that stalks the land.

Found out this morning that Comcast has free Showtime TV and movies for a limited time.
    I take that back. Of course Comcast strikes again where the channel has been replaced by an error message. Paying for Xfinity on Demand, with no access, no home remedy, and stuck at home.

No it's on again.
    No it's OFF again -
    No it's . . . . . . . . . . . .

You are a giant only in scale, NOT in customer service.

And yes, I Roku stream too.
    Last edited by Bigb23; March-27-20 at 01:45 PM.

The Twilight Zone... how appropriate.

Several episodes speak to what we are going thru now.

Decades from now, that will be the chapter title in history books detailing 2016-2020: "The Twilight Zone."

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    I take that back. Of course Comcast strikes again where the channel has been replaced by an error message. Paying for Xfinity on Demand, with no access, no home remedy, and stuck at home.

You are a giant only in scale, NOT in customer service.
    Embrace streaming,it is half of cable and twice the product.

$30 for a Roku box and there are hundreds of providers and tons of content for free if you can deal with commercials and many options for paid services that you control.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    The Twilight Zone... how appropriate.

Several episodes speak to what we are going thru now.
    after our 2004 hurricane the damaged local vintage theatre had “gone with the wind” on the marquee.

I cut the cord [[cable) decades ago almost. I play DVDs, antenna TV and a firestick with a few subscriptions. Plenty to watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Embrace streaming,it is half of cable and twice the product....

I started watching this 2006 version of Jane Eyre last night. It's good so far.
    [[there are about a million other versions of it if you don't like this one.)

https://youtu.be/SlSxCY7bKwc

Another classic with a bunch of versions is Pride and Prejudice. I like this one with Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy. It doesn't seem to be on You Tube right now but it's worth tracking down.

https://youtu.be/P5MmcT_vcBU

Has anybody else watched the train wreck of,The Tiger King,on Netflix yet?

"Law & Order -Special Crime Unit" - I watched about 50 episodes until it dawned on me that Vince Donofrio was the guy who committed suicide in "Full Metal Jacket".....it was the grin.

"Elementary" - My absolute favorite show of the last 10 years. Well written, quirky, and I like Lucy Liu. Catching up on some of the seasons I missed.

Watched "Black Panther" & "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood". Glad I waited until they came on TNT.

Yep, that's him - a young dorky and VERY disturbed Pvt. Pyle! I need to rewatch a few episodes SCU!

Quote Originally Posted by Bong-Man View Post
    "Law & Order -Special Crime Unit" - I watched about 50 episodes until it dawned on me that Vince Donofrio was the guy who committed suicide in "Full Metal Jacket".....it was the grin...

Maybe different up there but here we have a over the air station that shows shows those series episode after episode all day long,with a different series on every day.

You watch L&A 24-7 if you wanted,Thursday’s was Blue Blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Yep, that's him - a young dorky and VERY disturbed Pvt. Pyle! I need to rewatch a few episodes SCU!
    He also played Edgar, the alien, in the first Men In Black. He's also Kingpin in the Netflix-based Marvel series Daredevil, The Punisher, etc... Pretty versatile actor.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast