Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Weavers Auto Parts, Michigan & W Grand Blvd

My Grandfather Frank Weaver owned the auto parts / wrecking yard . it was on Michigan Avenue between Vinewood and W Grand Blvd. He took over the business in the late 40’s from a guy that owed him money. When the family first ran it they sold mostly hard parts from wrecked cars. In later years, distributors sold them parts like shocks, starters and such. His sons Frank, Larry and Jim worked for him and later ran the business. My grandpa died in 68 at age 68. The business was owned by the family until 1975. For many years Vinewood bar was on the left side and a restaurant on the right.

Anyone remember this place, my family? It’s a vacant field now.
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    Last edited by RWeaver's_auto_parts; March-13-20 at 08:28 PM.