Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default DetroitYES Outage Report

As you may have noticed, DetroitYES experience an outage yesterday. Due to the erratic nature of the outage, making it of different duration for some than others, we did not detect it immediately.

However, thanks to one of our techie members, we were alerted of it and corrected it just after midnight today.

For the tech curious here is what happened:
    In our eternal struggle against spambot attacks we had employed what proved to be an ineffective service [Cloudflare] and, which as many of you noticed, threw annoying "I am not a Robot" challenges at you whenever you edited a post or did other actions. Using their service required us to switch our DNS to their servers.

In the process of switching the DNS back to our registrar GoDaddy a mix up occurred. Service appeared to transition properly, probably due lag in propagation of the new address, and we failed to notice the outage until alerted.

Carry on.

Thanks for getting it back online! I have to admit seeing that "Parked for free courtesy of Godaddy" had a me a bit worried.

MI Primary, DetroitYES! goes down, coincidence? I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    MI Primary, DetroitYES! goes down, coincidence? I don't think so.
    Not the burn Bernie was hoping for.

Lowell,

When I saw the site down, I thought to check your FB and Twitter, [[the Detroit Yes accounts). Neither appeared to have been updated in the last year, are those abandoned?

I also did a bit of poking around and discovered a recently completed mural,nice work to say the least.

Kudos to the member coming forward and kudos for all that you do in your part of helping your city.

I remember when they told us technology would make our lives so much easier.
    Last edited by Richard; March-11-20 at 09:34 AM.

Lowell, thanks for all your hard work. I really love this site and appreciate it being back up.

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    Lowell, thanks for all your hard work. I really love this site and appreciate it being back up.
    Amen! I felt a little lost yesterday with the site being down!

Agree with Ray1936. The DY outage coupled with the beginning of daylight saving time had me floundering for sure. Pets hadn't adjusted to being fed at unexpected times, I was unsure about whether it was time to eat or nap, and I couldn't even find solace in my daily DetroitYES check in. Thanks so much for all you do, Lowell.