Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default More Detroit school restructuring

Among other things, International Academy for Young Women will move to the old Katherine White School from its current location at the old Northern.

https://www.wxyz.com/news/region/det...f-detroit-kids
    Last edited by Burnsie; March-08-20 at 04:22 PM.

No according to the boarddocs link provided it will stay open " Finally, the current Northern site will be eventually be used to relocate the District's central office to a community-centered location. "

Thanks Seven&wyo, I typed that in a hurry and didn't notice the link. I changed the thread title and corrected my post. Glad to see it's staying open in some capacity, both for the neighborhood's sake and for the benefit of saving a fine old building.

I'm surprised CMA is being relocated because the building is in supposed bad shape. If I recall, the building was renovated about 9 years ago as part of the efforts of one of those makeover television shows. Did the building's condition really deteriorate that fast, or were the renovations done as cheaply as possible to meet tight deadlines?

I also wonder if DPS purchased the building outright from St. Marys of Redford when the chose to turn it into CMA.

More school building shuffle from the lousy DPS.

Here is how the Detroit Parent where their children: "I am enrolling my kids to the suburbs next year." BYE!