Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Watch you kitchen knives

In Florida a teenager walked into the supermarket,purchased a kitchen knife then left and used that knife to stab and kill somebody.

They are suing the supermarket after they won the first case awhile back.

Why?

Because any knife larger then a pocket knife is classified as a weapon and you cannot sell a weapon to a minor.

Here anyways a weapon is basically described as an object that is sharpened to a point.

Even an ax,if your neighborhood teenager asks to borrow an ax to chop firewood and gets hurt while using it,you are liable because you provided it to a minor.

They have several ax throwing venues in and around Detroit that I know of. I don't believe drinking is allowed at any of them but, I'm going to stay clear of those establishments.

There is at least one in Michigan. Fox2 did a Zip Trip to Gaylord a couple weeks ago and the anchors were tipping a few and throwing axes. Maurielle Lu did quit a good job. All bullseyes. Must have been the booze...

Sounds like a great professional development event for some employees I know. Like NOT! ------

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    They have several ax throwing venues in and around Detroit that I know of...
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-08-20 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    There is at least one in Michigan. Fox2 did a Zip Trip to Gaylord a couple weeks ago and the anchors were tipping a few and throwing axes. Maurielle Lu did quit a good job. All bullseyes. Must have been the booze...
    I saw that. She did good! There's one in Ferndale [[Detroit Axe) and they just opened another one at Partridge Creek a month or so ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    I saw that. She did good! There's one in Ferndale [[Detroit Axe) and they just opened another one at Partridge Creek a month or so ago.
    Could be wrong but I think Detroit ax closed. Was it on Livernois south of nine on the west side of the road? What is it also a brewery?

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Could be wrong but I think Detroit ax closed. Was it on Livernois south of nine on the west side of the road? What is it also a brewery?
    Oh, the only one I know of is on Michigan Ave. near Trumbull.
    Last edited by Maof; March-09-20 at 07:45 AM.

Ok, you're asking about the Ferndale location. Not sure if that one has closed.