Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Detroit hotels still making high marks Detroit makes the “it” list

Detroit hotels are still doing very well on the world hotel scene.Detroit’s finally being recognized for the amazing world class city that it is.
    According to the world top travel magazine.
    Travel and leisure.
    See for yourself.
    https://www.travelandleisure.com/hot...otels?amp=true
    https://www.mlive.com/life/2020/02/s...outputType=amp
    Last edited by Detroitdave; February-22-20 at 05:22 AM.

World class city? I like Detroit too but let's not get silly.

So when Detroit ranks well on these click-bait lists, they're just fine to discuss.

Yet, if it's a list where Detroit ranks poorly, it's spam.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    So when Detroit ranks well on these click-bait lists, they're just fine to discuss.

Travel and Leisure is a reputable travel news source. It's not the same as the crypto currency blogs you cite.

I don't even know why I'm responding to this but,travel and leisure is hardly click and bait.
    It's one of the leaders in the travel and vacations information in the world.

Your response to this shows you REALLY can't stand to hear ANY good news about the city of Detroit. You truly distaste ANY thing positive about the city of Detroit, but most here know this about you already.
    Have a good day !

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post

I'd like to see more nice hotels interspersed in neighborhood areas. Many have deteriorated into 'flophouse' status.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    I'd like to see more nice hotels interspersed in neighborhood areas. Many have deteriorated into 'flophouse' status.
    Here's the thing - why would any hotel WANT to set up shop in a neighborhood? By and large, they don't - and not just here. There's no Bay Ridge Hilton and no East Garfield Park Hyatt. Hotels set up to be near two things: business and tourist attractions.