Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Bill McGraw article features Lowell & 20 years of DetroitYES

Well researched article about DetroitYES and Lowell published in DeadLine Detroit. Writer Bill McGraw included interviews and history of the forum over the last 20 years.
    https://www.deadlinedetroit.com/arti...the_motor_city

Excellent article! And again, thank you Lowell

Thank You and Congratulations on the article. I was on this site long before I joined and never knew the history. It has reconnected me is so many ways.

Thank you very much for posting, Lowell. Everything that Bill says
    about you is true. You have a great site: a significant one for Detroit and
    for all of us who appreciate the city's history and are interested in its future.

DetroitYES! is even more popular than it seems from just reading posts by members.

Clicking Who is Online under Quick Links shows that there are only 17 members at the moment but there are over 12 more pages of Guests!

Fine job Lowell, fine job!

I have followed this website since the earliest years, and had a couple different iterations on the forum. This is one of the first sites I look at in the morning, and one I check often through the day. I am happy with the evolution of this site and I always enjoy the different stories and debates that encompass the forum.

I have been on here since the early days as well and finally have a face with the name. Good job keeping this website going and providing me daily entertainment.
    Thanks Lowell!

Thanks so much for all you do Lowell.

Congrats, Lowell! Wonderful article by Bill. Your dedication to art and Detroit through the last 20 years is admirable. And the number of people brought together by this forum to share information, debate the important issues of the day, become friends and acquaintances, patronize new businesses and attend local events, and more is immeasurable. It has been a pleasure and a privilege. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Congratulations Lowell!!

I've been here for 20 years... and it's so nice that so many of the ruins of Detroit are no longer ruins...

Good luck on the next 20!!

Congratulations Lowell!
    You deserve it!
    We are lucky to have this great forum.
    May your generosity continue.
    And may there be a way for a site like this to exist other than as a charitable devotion to a great cause.
    We are very lucky you find it fun.
    In my honest opinion, you contribute more to Detroit than the local commercial tv stations and news radio.
    Very, very well done!

Congratulations Lowell and thank you for all the work you do to keep this forum up and running. I’m also a long time fan, I check this site at least once a day!

Nice article and I your paintings are beautiful.

Thank you all for the kind remarks.

However you all deserve a huge pat on the back attagirl/boy for your many valued civil posts and information. The forum is nothing but a lonely blog without your making it what it is and has been.

So thank you even more. I frequently say that 95% of what I know about Detroit I have learned from you.

Well-deserved praise.

It was nice Georgia Street got recognized along with the valiant attempt to rescue The Vinton. The sainted Kathleen and the revered RenF also gained mention for good reason.

Congratulations Lowell. This site has introduced me to new Ideas, new people and has been a catalyst for thinking new thoughts.

Hail, hail.

I have been on this forum for 11 + years. It is the first thing in the morning with my coffee. While I've wished to support the site financially, My SSD has prevented that. Thank you for all the years Lowell.

This is an incredible site, It is run extremely well. I’ve always been fascinated by Detroit and its history. I’ve learned a tremendous amount on this forum.

Yes thank you and congratulations to you Lowell. As a member for almost all those 20 years I cannot imagine not checking this site almost daily.

Lowell congratulations, great article. Did you get your check from Reddit yet?? They straight up stole your whole format.

Congratulations, Lowell!

21 years in and I'm still a fan. Thanks for creating this site Lowell.

Thanks Lowell and congrats! I've beeen on this site since almost the beginning and have made lots of friends here. You were the main influence of my love of Detroit!!

Stromberg2...feeling grateful

This article answers a question I've wondered about: reporters in the mainstream media do indeed scout Detroit Yes for stories.

This is a great forum for hashing over ideas about Detroit, and testing our notions against others'.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandhouse View Post
    This article answers a question I've wondered about: reporters in the mainstream media do indeed scout Detroit Yes for stories.

This is a great forum for hashing over ideas about Detroit, and testing our notions against others'.
    Oh I agree... and one area that we fill in a lot of details on is how the Ilitches "demolition by neglect" gets discussed 'building by destroyed building'. Some of the Ilitches hanky panky predates the internet, and a Google search is sometimes of little help.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast