Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Alternative Market besides Eastern Market

Are there any other decent size markets in Detroit, or talk of creating one? I am less interested in spending any money at Sanford Nelson properties every day. After 30 years of going to Eastern Market, the old charm just isn't there for me anymore.
    Last edited by casscorridor65; February-18-20 at 06:14 AM.

I like honey bee market

Thanks. I do too. I was kinda referring to farmer's markets.

You're welcome to start your own rather than complaining online about people who are investing in Detroit...

Although I agree with you on the Sandford Nelson situation, I don't believe he has anything to do with the people that sell their goods within the sheds.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    Although I agree with you on the Sandford Nelson situation, I don't believe he has anything to do with the people that sell their goods within the sheds.

^^^ This.

Royal Oak Farmer's Market - 316 E. 11 Mile Road.
    Fridays - May through Thanksgiving 7:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
    Saturdays - year round, same hours.

Waterford Farmer's Market

Quote Originally Posted by casscorridor65 View Post
    Are there any other decent size markets in Detroit,
    When did they move Waterford to Detroit?

We need the Chene-Ferry Market back...

Or maybe even the old Western Market.

Farmington has an excellent summer farmer's market, on Grand River in the heart of ye olde Farmington.

Just trying to provide alternatives.

NELSON owns selected properties. The maret sheds are not owned or operated by him...feel free to shop elsewhere, I guess but don't confuse the entire market with one property owner.

Where's Western Market at?

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Where's Western Market at?
    It was at Michigan Ave. and 18th Street according to this article....https://detroit.curbed.com/2019/11/4...rktown-detroit
    Last edited by Maof; February-20-20 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    It was at Michigan Ave. and 18th Street according to this article....https://detroit.curbed.com/2019/11/4...rktown-detroit
    And long gone... Torn down to make way for the Fisher Freeway/I-75. I believe our friend Ray here used to patrol the Western Market area.

Quote Originally Posted by K-slice View Post
    You're welcome to start your own rather than complaining online about people who are investing in Detroit...
    Believe it or not but there are some people in the city that are not fine with the obvious gentrification that is going on.

Its okay to invest in the city but its not okay to destroy existing businesses and existing neighborhoods to please a certain crowd that are only navigating to the city cause they think its "trendy".