Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default De La Salle Hazing

It was reported, that no charges would be filed in hazing incident at the school. By the time the prosecutors received the case, evidence was either "lost or destroyed". Nothing was handed over to Warren PD until it was "handled internally". No one, on the advice of school counsel, are willing to talk, including staff and students.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...osecutors-say/

New students come forward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7AjQo7CiSk

Seems to me, being hush-hush is a continuing thing within the catholic church.
    Last edited by Maof; January-30-20 at 09:14 AM.

The police department should hold a meeting, inviting all parents of the school, and go over, in detail, all of their findings - where evidence was destroyed, what evidence they have, who cooperated and who didn't. All students and parent names should be redacted.

Then, the parents can get together and decide what to do about the school. If it were up to me, I'd push to get rid of anyone involved at the school who did not cooperate, and anyone faculty or staff that was remotely involved with the hazing.

What do you expect when priests run the school? I hear apples falling under that tree

I’m sure the hazing has been going on for years and the coach’s and administration knew all about it. [[I’ll bet similar stuff goes on at many other schools) A couple of kids [[probably twerps) got scared and ran home to their mommy’s then the shit hit the fan.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    I’m sure the hazing has been going on for years and the coach’s and administration knew all about it. [[I’ll bet similar stuff goes on at many other schools) A couple of kids [[probably twerps) got scared and ran home to their mommy’s then the shit hit the fan.
    Twerps? You think being poked with a broom is ok? Doesn't matter if it's been going on for years. Would you like to have your kid go thru that?
    Last edited by Maof; February-02-20 at 07:49 PM.

Yet another sign of the toxic masculinity problem in our society.

Got that! I am not too crazy about the new secular priesthood increasing in education either.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    What do you expect when priests run the school? I hear apples falling under that tree
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-08-20 at 07:38 AM.

Yes, I am relieved that said toxicity is so neatly and absolutely ascribed to only one eh' gender/ sex!

Quote Originally Posted by leapfrog View Post
    Yet another sign of the toxic masculinity problem in our society.
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-08-20 at 07:41 AM.

Right. When you have children you tend to think about this differently, usually.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    Twerps? You think being poked with a broom is ok? Doesn't matter if it's been going on for years. Would you like to have your kid go thru that?

Looks like they’re going to file charges against 7 of those kids after all. Does not seem like a strong case to me. Of course I’m not an attorney , but I have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express recently.

Looks like they’re going to file charges against 7 of those kids after all. Does not seem like a strong case to me. Of course I’m not an attorney , but I have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express recently.
    Just filing the charges might be enough to get the kids/parents thinking about things.

Still puts a stain on the school. Especially since the administration's lack of cooperation and their own internal investigation and "destroyed" evidence. Parents are pissed.

They should be pissed; the school is pulling the usual "only sports matter" crap that most Catholic High Schools and Colleges pull. Academics are secondary to them because they don't make money like football and basketball do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    Still puts a stain on the school. Especially since the administration's lack of cooperation and their own internal investigation and "destroyed" evidence. Parents are pissed.