Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Default Peter Karmanos lobbying for Kwame Kilpatrick Pardon...

Compuware founder Peter Karmanos is lobbying President Trump to pardon Detroit's former mayor imprisoned Kwame Kilpatrick...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl...cid=spartandhp

I wonder what dirt KK has on Karmanos to get this kind of reaction??

Yeah, there's gotta some kind of pee tape in there somewhere.

Maybe Trump will set him free during his State of the Disunion speech. Ya know, ratings and all that. It'll be huge, it'll be bayooo-ti-ful, it'll be the most perfect pardon ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Compuware founder Peter Karmanos is lobbying President Trump to pardon Detroit's former mayor imprisoned Kwame Kilpatrick...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl...cid=spartandhp

I wonder what dirt KK has on Karmanos to get this kind of reaction??
    Was there not a group that passed the hat for a walk away bonus?

One would figure at that time if you wanted to do large scale business in the city it was pay to play,he may have a wheelbarrow full of dirt.

I would not view it as a modern day lynching as he describes it and it may have been a bit more palatable had not so many suffered for his personal gain.

I can imagine if Trump refuses this the call out will be because he is racist as you can see there is already a irrelevant get you licks in starting,

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Was there not a group that passed the hat for a walk away bonus?
    Indeed he was one of the donors, along with Penske, Gilbert and Jim Nicholson. That "loan" of $240K doesn't mean there was anything crooked going on, but it never smelled quite right either.

At $60K apiece for them would be the equivalent one of us tossing $20 in a hat. Kwame was a huge distraction and his taking the loan and moving on was a big win-win for the city and all concerned. At that point I'd have tossed in my twenty if asked. I'm just amazed they got him out for so little.

It was my understanding that Covisint [[owned from ‘04-‘14 by Compuware) and another company were vying for a massive contract to build a medical record data-center, for when the Feds illegally confiscate everyone’s medical records after forcibly converting us into a single payer health-care system.

Anyway, Covisint wanted a leg up in the process, so they hired then disgraced and unemployed Kwamee to sell high-end medical data systems to hospital chains in Texas for $20,000 a month. Perhaps because his mom Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick was still on the Appropriations Committee at the time? [[The group that would have to approve and authorize funding for such a project). Anyway,.. KK apparently never sold a thing.

Then KK got busted again and went to jail. That in turn helped his mother loose her re-election,.. and all those golden parachutes for KK seemed to fizzle out.

I’ve no idea why Karmanos would be going to bat for KK now.

I don't think Karmanos cares about Kilpatrick. This is about helping Trump's re-election chances. Pardoning him would certainly stir the pot in Michigan this November. The president's re-election depends on the mood of black voters in Michigan.

It is my understanding that you probably believe everything the tin foil hat crowd, or that Coast to Coast radio show says

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdd View Post
    It was my understanding that Covisint [[owned from ‘04-‘14 by Compuware) and another company were vying for a massive contract to build a medical record data-center, for when the Feds illegally confiscate everyone’s medical records after forcibly converting us into a single payer health-care system.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    I don't think Karmanos cares about Kilpatrick. This is about helping Trump's re-election chances. Pardoning him would certainly stir the pot in Michigan this November. The president's re-election depends on the mood of black voters in Michigan.
    I imagine the number of black voters who would be inclined to vote for Prez Lardazz would be massively offset by the number of white Repubs and Independents who would be pissed off by such a pardon. A white war criminal or Sheriff Joe? Well, that's ok. A black thug like KK? That's not gonna fly with most people, no matter what their color.

But who knows what goes on in that empty fucking attic Trump calls a brain. Maybe if Mommy Kwame buys a block of 500 rooms at some Trump property he'll set her son free. Don't know what's more rancid, the Kilpatrick crime family or the Trump grifters.

The overlap of people that would vote for Trump and would like to see Kwame Kilpatrick receive a commuted sentence or pardon is probably a percentage of a percentage point. Honestly, I can't think of one single person that would hold both of those views.

Kwame might have received a stiffer sentence than others that have commited similar crimes, but that just means the others got off easy. For what he has cost Detroit, Kilpatrick deserves every year of the nearly three decade long sentence he received, and I've lost a bit of respect for Peter Karmanos as he continues to call for that sentence to be reduced.
    Last edited by Johnnny5; January-28-20 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    The overlap people that would vote for Trump and that would like to see Kwame Kilpatrick receive a commuted sentence or pardon is probably a percentage of a percentage point. Honestly, I can't think of one single person that would hold both of those views at the same time.

Kwame might have received a stiffer sentence than others that have commited similar crimes, but that just means the others got off easy. For what he has cost Detroit, Kilpatrick deserves every year of the nearly three decade long sentence he received, and I've lost a bit of respect for Peter Karmanos as he continues to call for that sentence to be reduced.
    Johnnny5... THANK YOU! I couldn't see any connectivity between a pardon and the fall elections... in any way that included sanity or logic....

I really don't understand why Kwame Kilpatrick is even in the news now. He should just be a footnote right now. Trump is only going to protect himself. There is no way that he would give him a Presidential Pardon. His presidential visits have been everywhere but the city of Detroit.

There are better things that could be talked about.

It isn't going to happen.

Definitely. The solution is not to punish Kwame less but to instead punish other corrupt officials to the same standard.

There are few things that boil my blood more than Kwame apologists. Do they forget he was involved in a murder? The man should be in prison until he's dead.

I don't know what Karmanos is getting out of this.

Perhaps we need to resurrect Columbo to find out what his motive is!

Quote Originally Posted by Metro25 View Post
    I don't know what Karmanos is getting out of this.
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-29-20 at 06:28 AM.

Pete was on the Le Duff podcast recently. Pushing for KK's early release through presidential pardon.
    Le Duff was being a REAL asshat on this podcast.

Quote Originally Posted by rickbak View Post
    I imagine the number of black voters who would be inclined to vote for Prez Lardazz would be massively offset by the number of white Repubs and Independents who would be pissed off by such a pardon. A white war criminal or Sheriff Joe? Well, that's ok. A black thug like KK? That's not gonna fly with most people, no matter what their color.
    Trumpers have the ability to justify ANYTHING that Trump says or does. They would tout a Kilpatrick pardon and say, "SEE! We're not racist! We have black friends!"

A Trump pardon of Kilpatrick would make no sense. I highly doubt he would do it. However, that means that he probably will? Trump often does the opposite of what is logical.

^ you made a claim that you yourself “highly doubt”.

He already won Michigan in the last election without Kilpatrick's support,so agreed that he would be a meaningless option.
    Last edited by Richard; January-29-20 at 09:36 AM.

I think there are a lot of black Detroiter’s who are looking for an excuse to vote for Trump. There’s no real support for any of the Democratic candidates and Trump has never been accused of discrimination against blacks in his past business dealings. He’s a cocky SOB that says F-you to his critics and people kinda like that

Quote Originally Posted by CassTechGrad View Post
    Trump has never been accused of discrimination against blacks in his past business dealings.
    Are you being facetious or what?

https://www.vox.com/2016/7/25/122708...racism-history

Interesting piece from 2009 that explains some of the connections.

http://www.debbieschlussel.com/5067/...ick-leftovers/

The question is,is this a valid thing to get in front of.

According to the link Karmanos was a major player in Kilpatricks rise to power in the city.

Karmanos is a major player and donor within the Republican Party In Michigan.

I think it would take Republicans within the state to say that this is a road that they prefer not to go down.

A republican mover and shaker showing support for a Democrat mayor that screwed his city over does not carry good optics in the bigger picture.
    Last edited by Richard; January-29-20 at 10:42 AM.

The overlap of people that would vote for Trump and would like to see Kwame Kilpatrick receive a commuted sentence or pardon is probably a percentage of a percentage point. Honestly, I can't think of one single person that would hold both of those views.

I've read that there were at least 40,000 fewer black voters in Michigan casting ballots in 2016 than 2012. Trump won Michigan by 10,000 votes. The math is simple.

I'm not making a statement on whether KK should or should not have his sentence commuted. But I do think that Karmanos is trying to float ideas to the president that he thinks would create a wedge between traditional Democratic base voters in Michigan and the party.
    Last edited by iheartthed; January-29-20 at 11:35 AM.

I've read that there were at least 40,000 fewer black voters in Michigan casting ballots in 2016 than 2012. Trump won Michigan by 10,000 votes. The math is simple.

I'm not making a statement on whether KK should or should not have his sentence commuted. But I do think that Karmanos is trying to float ideas to the president that he thinks would create a wedge between traditional Democratic base voters in Michigan and the party.
    I guess it's possible, but I just don't see it as a likely motivation for Karmanos as it's something that could easily end up backfiring [[Not that it's even likely that Trump would actually act on the requests) I find it far more likely that Kilpatrick has dirt on Karmanos, or it's just a sense of obligation to Kilpatrick and his family as he did have a long history with Kwame as well as his mother.
    Last edited by Johnnny5; January-29-20 at 01:02 PM.

That math is made even simpler when you factor in that 80,000 Michigan voters did not make a choice for president on their 2016 ballot!

That math is made even simpler when you factor in that 80,000 Michigan voters did not make a choice for president on their 2016 ballot!
    Why do we have to choose between 2 evils ? That's probably why people just left the ballot blank.

Yeah, I won't ever say "never" after what happened in 2016, but Trump's path to re-election is extremely precarious. He needs that perfect storm of situations to recreate itself in order to do it again.

Yeah, I won't ever say "never" after what happened in 2016, but Trump's path to re-election is extremely precarious. He needs that perfect storm of situations to recreate itself in order to do it again.

Or 46 state landslide,.. one of the two.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast