Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Red Fox but not Red Fox

There was some restaurant on the outskirts of the western suburbs called something like "Red Fox" and I used to think it was where Jimmy Hoffa was last seen. It was either on Grand River or something like that ... in the 80s and 90s the area wasn't very developed so the it was still the "outskirts."

I just googled "Red Fox" after watching The Irishman on Netflix and that's nowhere near the restaurant I was thinking of. Does anyone know or remember what I could be remembering? It looked kinda the same and I'm pretty sure "Fox" was in the name. Did they have multiple locations?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Hoffa#Disappearance

Hoffa disappeared on July 30, 1975, after going out to a meeting with Anthony Provenzano and Anthony Giacalone.
    [54]
    The meeting was arranged to take place at 2p.m. at the Machus Red Fox restaurant in
    Bloomfield Township
    , a suburb of Detroit. The Machus Red Fox was known to Hoffa; it had been the site of his son James' wedding reception.
    [55]
    Hoffa wrote the date in his office calendar: "TG—2p.m.—Red Fox".
    [36]

Machus Red Fox was located on Telegraph just south of Maple Rd. It is an Andiomo restaurant today.

Machus had several locations but not as the Red Fox; the other one that comes immediately to mind is the Fox and Hounds on N Woodward
    Last edited by jcole; January-27-20 at 03:01 PM.

... there was also the Machus Sly Fox....

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    ... there was also the Machus Sly Fox....
    Sly Fox was on Adams Rd just south of Maple in Birmingham.

Did Lamont and Aunt Esther go there?

^^^ Or Ned the Wino! Wait, that was another show: Good Times

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Did Lamont and Aunt Esther go there?
    Grady was spotted there a few times.

^^^And Ralo was caught breaking in one night! But officer Smitty was able to apprehend him with little resistance.

Wasn't there a Machus Red Fox at the Great Oaks Mall in Rottenchester during the 80's ? That seemed rural then.

I'm a 60's Rochester guy.
    Last edited by Bigb23; January-27-20 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    Wasn't there a Machus Red Fox at the Great Oaks Mall in Rottenchester during the 80's ? That seemed rural then.

I'm a 60's Rochester guy.
    Foxy's not Red Fox

For a while [[years) there was a Machus cafeteria on Adams Road, north of where it hits Woodward.