Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Who’s Ready For Some Ping Pong in Eastern Market?

Longtime forumer here but lately more of a lurker. But then I haven’t had much to say till now. As a longtime table tennis aficionado I’ve opened Pong Detroit at Bert’s Warehouse in Eastern Market. Limited schedule to start we are open on Tuesdays Wednesdays and Thursdays from 5-11pm for anyone to come play on our ITTF Approved Olympic tables. Food Drinks Music and Pong!

I started a Detroit Youth table tennis training program a couple years ago at Clark Park. It’s important these days to get kids some exercise and table tennis is a fun, safe, and competitive sport. With more space and tables at Bert’s I can now expand this program as well as add a wheelchair program for disabled veterans and a Seniors program as well.

We are on all social media and the site is pongdetroit.com

Please help spread the word and hope to see some forumers there. I should also mention that the many positive posts about the city and its people on DetroitYes over many years helped convince me to start a business in Detroit. Thanks!

Hola DR! So cool to hear from you. Thanks for this information!

VERY cool, DR! I will be dropping by one evening to check it out.

I don't know about ping-pong. I keep going back and forth about it....

Great to hear. Sounds fun!
    Last edited by bust; January-27-20 at 09:55 AM.

Thanks for being a positive force for Detroit.

Makes me wish I was back in the Detroit area! Sigh! Back in my days in the DPD, the 2nd [[Vernor) precinct had a ping pong table in the squad room, and guys would come in to work an hour early to work up a sweat on that table. And......did you ever think of this?........a ping pong ball fits perfectly between handcuffs in a cuff case. Lots of times during a melee on the street three guys would pull out their handcuffs from the case at the same time, and sure as hell three ping pong balls would go bouncing down the street. Ah, memories..................

That’s hilarious Ray. Ain’t seen anyone get hurt by a ping pong ball yet! On another note you’ll be pleased to know that the Detroit Police vs Firefighters hockey game at Clark Park had 5 ejections. Never did catch the final score.

Quote Originally Posted by rickbak View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    On another note you’ll be pleased to know that the Detroit Police vs Firefighters hockey game at Clark Park had 5 ejections. Never did catch the final score.
    Hey, those guys always played for keeps, even back in my day. None of them would ever get the Lady Byng Trophy. Great games to watch, though!

Nice bit in Mlive with some good pics. Everyone that has comes so far loves it.

https://www.mlive.com/business/2020/...n-detroit.html

Quote Originally Posted by rickbak View Post
    Stop in for a lesson we’ll get you straightened out!