Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Joanna Underwood, Detroit City Commissioner Threatens A Whole Race of People

Controversial City charter member Joanna Underwood went on a bizarre racist Facebook rant last week about Middle Eastern businesses owners in Detroit after LeMar Lemmons controversial remarks.

A racist fighting racism with racism. Good move miss...

PS - Her grammar could use a little work too

At least she’s right about the MS media being racist. They’re anti white.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven&wyo View Post

A little????

Quote Originally Posted by SammyS View Post
    At least she’s right about the MS media being racist. They’re anti white.
    Yeah... and Trump's Fox News "Ministry of Propaganda" isn't? [[Rolling eyes emoticon).

She couldn't be more obvious about how she feels about non-blacks. This is such a revealing glimpse into the psychology of the rulers of Detroit. Absolutely fascinating on so many levels.

This is what governs Detroit. Illiterate people who have a definite agenda. Blatant racism...oh, I forgot...only whites can be racist!

She needs to go back to school to learn proper English, if they still teach it in Detroit schools.
    Last edited by cla1945; January-20-20 at 04:34 PM.

Talk about crazy. She needs to be removed.

What's up everyone. I really ain't new here, but it been a VERY, VERY, VERY long time since I posted on DetroitYes. First off, thanks shawring for posting up information about Joanna Underwood. You Ain't The Only One Knows About Her ignorants she be posting up on her facebook page. I TOO got into with her when Duggan was running for a 2nd term as mayor and I had to put her in her place when she attacking me in the comments because I had different opinions, till this day I've been keeping up on her so-called comments she's been posting up.As a black person,when she don't like what you say around her, she will call you a "coon" or "sellout". She also called WXYZ Channel 7 News and Local 4 ClickOnDetroit, "racist" because they did a story of the fights that was going on at the detroit charter commission that happen months ago. Link to video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npjpFlzyI_E&t=35s

Quote Originally Posted by Seven&wyo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    A little????
    Quote Originally Posted by cla1945 View Post
    She needs to go back to school to learn proper English, if they still teach it in Detroit schools.
    Appears she's not the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by THE FURY 617 View Post
    What's up everyone. I really ain't new here, but it been a VERY, VERY, VERY long time since I posted on DetroitYes. First off, thanks shawring for posting up information about Joanna Underwood. You Ain't The Only One Knows About Her ignorants she be posting up on her facebook page. I TOO got into with her when Duggan was running for a 2nd term as mayor and I had to put her in her place when she attacking me in the comments because I had different opinions, till this day I've been keeping up on her so-called comments she's been posting up.As a black person,when she don't like what you say around her, she will call you a "coon" or "sellout". She also called WXYZ Channel 7 News and Local 4 ClickOnDetroit, "racist" because they did a story of the fights that was going on at the detroit charter commission that happen months ago. Link to video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npjpFlzyI_E&t=35s
    See has personally attack me a handful of times, if you str are white and disagree with her, She has also called several African American officials nasty names, has even called African American Duggan supporters Slaves. Also I believe she is responsible for how messed up the charter is.

She is the exact same as Donald Trump, just polar oposite political views

Heres some more snapshot

I'm not in agreement with everything she says. As a Detroiter, there are some true things that she says.

There aren't many corner stores, let alone gas stations that are owned by the majority population of Detroit. No surprise there, since much of Detroit is owned by those that don't live in the city at all.

Ever since Mike Duggan got elected, there has been plenty of improvement. But we got a long way to go, and the rest of the city of Detroit needs to be improved too, not just Midtown and Downtown.

Today, I've seen more empty lots than I've seen improvements in the neighborhoods. Let's put it this way, it isn't right to blame an entire type of population for the city's problems. It doesn't seem to make sense to promote a "black, white, whatever" business based on ethnicity alone.

You promote the business that provides what you want. If they don't have what you want, you don't promote it anymore. So if the corner stores treat you wrong, don't go to that business anymore, and tell others not to go, based on a review of your experiences, not on the basis of their culture.

I know Joanna Underwood, she's an activist. She will defend her beliefs, regardless of any opposition.

This city can't just discard the ones that stayed through the good and bad times and just make it look good for new people coming in.

Duggan's slogan of "One Detroit", must be put to action. Words just aren't enough anymore.

As for Joanna Underwood, racial nationalism of any kind, won't work here. And that's what i'm going to say about that.

]I find it funny how we had elected officials in Oakland, Macomb, Western Wayne counties who said similar about "Detroit" and had been doing for years, as well as had officials in Lansing who's policies have negatively affected "Detroit" years but these same "longtime lurkers I've never seen a peep from.

Its funny I didnt see all these "long time lurkers" chiming in then. Lowell you sure this site didnt get infected with Trumpbots like Facebook did?

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post
    ]I find it funny how we had elected officials in Oakland, Macomb, Western Wayne counties who said similar about "Detroit" and had been doing for years, as well as had officials in Lansing who's policies have negatively affected "Detroit" years but these same "longtime lurkers I've never seen a peep from.

Its funny I didnt see all these "long time lurkers" chiming in then. Lowell you sure this site didnt get infected with Trumpbots like Facebook did?
    What's even funnier is none of the aforementioned are elected officials on the Detroit City Council, so why bother to bring that up?

Default Finally made media

Quote Originally Posted by shawring View Post
    How is this not the lead item on every newscast in the region?

In Canada we would be discussing criminal charges against this person, never mind resignation.

Its not that we don't have people who feel this way or who sometimes spout off........but it gets major media attention when it happens, and usually results in a resignation and/or action against the responsible party.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    What's even funnier is none of the aforementioned are elected officials on the Detroit City Council, so why bother to bring that up?
    If I agree w/your view of the inappropriateness of the comments in this case, which I do; I disagree w/your easy dismissal of anyone else making similar comments.

That's the exact sort of BS that breeds hatred between groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post

If, in fact others have made similar comments that were openly racist, they ought to have been run out of office.

That you have several openly racist posters here which Lowell tolerates for reasons beyond my comprehension is unfortunate, but no no excuse for the garbage out this woman's mouth.

Yes, there needs to be consistency, yes hypocrisy is terrible, but all completely overt racists and sexists and homophobes need to be driven from public office, elected or otherwise, and from any other position of power in society.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Visitor View Post
    If I agree w/your view of the inappropriateness of the comments in this case, which I do; I disagree w/your easy dismissal of anyone else making similar comments.

That's the exact sort of BS that breeds hatred between groups.

Gee, thanx mom, eh?
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; January-22-20 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Gee, Thanx mom, eh?
    I am not your parent, nor female, and your drawing of said conclusion contributes to my belief you're a complete ignoramus.

But truthfully, your long-standing ability to be an ill-informed self-serving hypocrite cemented those views long ago.

You're welcome for my calling you out though, glad I could help.

That you have several openly racist posters here which Lowell tolerates for reasons beyond my comprehension is unfortunate, but no no excuse for the garbage out this woman's mouth.
    Maybe you have a comprehension problem,ever think of that?

I am not your parent, nor female, and your drawing of said conclusion contributes to my belief you're a complete ignoramus.

But truthfully, your long-standing ability to be an ill-informed self-serving hypocrite cemented those views long ago.

You're welcome for my calling you out though, glad I could help.
    Thank You, Dr. Ruth, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Tig3rzhark View Post
    I'm not in agreement with everything she says. As a Detroiter, there are some true things that she says.

There aren't many corner stores, let alone gas stations that are owned by the majority population of Detroit. No surprise there, since much of Detroit is owned by those that don't live in the city at all.

Ever since Mike Duggan got elected, there has been plenty of improvement. But we got a long way to go, and the rest of the city of Detroit needs to be improved too, not just Midtown and Downtown.

Today, I've seen more empty lots than I've seen improvements in the neighborhoods. Let's put it this way, it isn't right to blame an entire type of population for the city's problems. It doesn't seem to make sense to promote a "black, white, whatever" business based on ethnicity alone.

You promote the business that provides what you want. If they don't have what you want, you don't promote it anymore. So if the corner stores treat you wrong, don't go to that business anymore, and tell others not to go, based on a review of your experiences, not on the basis of their culture.

I know Joanna Underwood, she's an activist. She will defend her beliefs, regardless of any opposition.

This city can't just discard the ones that stayed through the good and bad times and just make it look good for new people coming in.

Duggan's slogan of "One Detroit", must be put to action. Words just aren't enough anymore.

As for Joanna Underwood, racial nationalism of any kind, won't work here. And that's what i'm going to say about that.

This is what happens when unqualified local idiots get elected, I remember seeing her on a mutual friends facebook feed when the serial killer was prowling around and she said something to the effect of the police were now only going after him because a white victim was found,lol. The first confirmed victim was white but never let facts get in the way of the big mouth

This is what happens when unqualified local idiots get elected

Same holds true for unqualified idiots, on the National level....

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post

Same holds true for unqualified idiots, on the National level....

Key word in your quote was “Local” ,National politicians do not sit on local boards.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast