Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Metro25 View Post
    ^ That's not true, there's nothing about the city strong-arming them into parking. It was a private deal that fell through because of what they wanted. Nobody was stopping them from buying without parking.
    If that’s the case then very well. I’m too cheap to pay for a crains subscription and they got wise unto the subvert the paywall with incognito mode lol!
    As to the whole conspiracy theorist thing, he may have a point. It is all conjecture but Detroit city council has always been corrupt. I hope things have changed but nothing that would potentially come to light would surprise me.

Oh of course council is corrupt. Leland is likely going to federal prison.

The Crain's paywall update is kind of interesting in itself. Since they broke the story, it's been clear that a lot of people saw the headline and couldn't read the article and assumed the city's parking requirement was to blame here. Or at least that's what I saw on social media.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Stasu1213 is our new conspiracy theorist, now that Gannon has sadly passed away. So like with our late long time poster Gannon, I think sometimes his posts have a sprinkling of conspiracy, rather than totally based on known fact.

[[Metro25 and I posted at the same time, so that's not my post he's pointing at.)
    Dude or ma'am I was making these comments when Gannon was still posting. I have a 90% batting average in my predictions over the past 10 years. I look at patterns that occurs in the announcement of developments and the flimsy reasons for canceling.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2