Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Gold Cash Gold leaves, Mister Dips arrives: https://www.detroitnews.com/story/en...el/4481810002/

As an aside, this means that all the retail space at the Shinola Hotel is fully leased.

Quote Originally Posted by bartocktoo View Post
    Couldn't disagree more. Treatment like that just comes from attitudes, not prejudice. Like Vegas, the person that treated you bad probably wasn't from this area.
    Your post doesn't make sense. What are you disagreeing with? You don't think that prejudices affect someone's attitude? What does where the person is from have to do with it? Got news for you, there are plenty of native Detroiters who have a problem with interracial couples; my wife catches a lot of grief from people who have a problem with her being married to the "white man". BTW, the hostess was [[and probably still is) AA.

Savannah's previously planned to close on February 1st, but as of today, they are now closed for good.
    http://www.thenewsherald.com/news/sa...BR8_0vSmlEvaMY

Bad food, bad management! No matter how much money you throw at the restaurant, if its not good nobody will come.

And more people review restaurants prior to going! Even with the cranks that review if you see too many similar comments on the food, customer service and management you avoid.

I hear that. Sounds like A is A here. Plenty of people [[black and white) remain and persist in being prejudiced and don't mind letting you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by ct_alum View Post
    Got news for you, there are plenty of native Detroiters who have a problem with interracial couples; my wife catches a lot of grief from people who have a problem with her being married to the "white man". BTW, the hostess was [[and probably still is) AA.

Default Kitchen staff quits; Savannah's shuttered

From today's Free Press...

Kitchen staff quits; Savannah's shuttered

Savannah's in Trenton closed abruptly Friday at the start of dinner service after kitchen staff at the downriver restaurant walked out, according to a social media post.

Can they be blamed? Out of a job in the winter. One poster on a social media site, replying to a post calling the workers' action 'mean-spirited' noted:

"It's also very hurtful and mean spirited to sell gift certificates at Christmas and knowing that you are not going to be open for but another month. Several people I know, and myself, received over $100 gift certificates which are now worth exactly the paper that they were printed on.”.

Sad but true. Made the mistake of accidentally letting my boss see a photo of her that is my phone wallpaper, got a comment that she is just a "gold digger looking for a sugar daddy" - How he could tell that from one photograph is puzzling. Guess her skin tone decided it for him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2