Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Downtown Detroit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44Z4T_wRVmM

A tour of Downtown Detroit that many of us that drove those streets should find interesting.
    What a change.

Excellent video. Thanks much for that link. Whoever took that video was a genius to do it after a rain shower; the streets just glistened!

I'll be back in about five months to do my own drive-through!

I saw this months ago since I've followed this guys channel for awhile. He does these driving tours in cities across the world it's definitely worth checking out

For comparison this is his Detroit video from three years ago.
    https://youtu.be/at_PYHSMu2E

Quote Originally Posted by MSUguy View Post
    I saw this months ago since I've followed this guys channel for awhile. He does these driving tours in cities across the world it's definitely worth checking out

For comparison this is his Detroit video from three years ago.
    https://youtu.be/at_PYHSMu2E
    Wow a lot had changed on Woodward in the 2 short years. The plaza on Woodward at Jefferson was a huge mistake

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Wow a lot had changed on Woodward in the 2 short years. The plaza on Woodward at Jefferson was a huge mistake
    What makes you say that?

Was downtown late Dec visiting. I could not believe the pedestrian activity on Woodward at 7 pm. Felt like a real city. Awesome to see how far things have come since I first was downtown in 03. Bravo

Quote Originally Posted by p1acebo View Post
    What makes you say that?
    It causes a bottleneck of traffic during rush hour. The island in the middle of Woodward could had been removed and the sidewalk area widened in front of the Spirit of Detroit widened into a plaza

WOW ! this city is changing faster than any of us could have expect !

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    It causes a bottleneck of traffic during rush hour. The island in the middle of Woodward could had been removed and the sidewalk area widened in front of the Spirit of Detroit widened into a plaza
    I agree, its horrible at both ends of the workday, especially around 5 pm..That plaza is empty most of the time, and isnt attractive at all. Personally I feel its better to have Woodward open to Jefferson.