Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Ilitch PR machine

Ilitch giving themselves a pat on the back for finally starting window install on the Eddystone. Bravo guys! Only 2 1/2 years after the announcement

https://ilitchnewshub.com/2019/12/hi...dystone-hotel/

This one is even more ridiculous:

https://ilitchnewshub.com/2019/12/ol...or-city-parks/

Basically turning a penalty for not living up to their promises and sitting on swaths of empty lots into a "contribution." Lunacy.

Didn’t they recently hire some PR firm? Seems like they are at work trying to burnish the Ilitch image.

It it is nice to see windows being installed. Let’s hope it’s more than a few for a photo op.

Why am I reminded of the Moroun's putting window into Michigan Central?

Nothing says company with character like a news hub devoted to restoring the image you destroyed through your behaviors.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Its certainly a logical thing to come to mind, given the track record of those two families. On the other hand, these windows do look a lot better than Moroun’s Michigan Central crap. With Kraemer involved they might actually be decent quality.

If the PR advisers have any success in getting the Ilitch clan to perform even a bit more, its better than nothing.

I’ve often said they are their own worst enemy. All they really need to do is regularly perform on SOMETHING, in a timely manner, in order to dampen the critics. Even if they are still incredibly behind on the promises made.

if anyone can take a pic or two of the progress being made on the Eddystone, please do
    Last edited by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast; December-18-19 at 12:17 PM.

How do you like those Red Wings? Tigers?

They're following what the PR firm they hired to do, said to do, at least very likely. From a PR perspective, it shows at least a start in improving their image because it's so bad right now.

Hopefully the news outlets continue to hound them though.

Quote Originally Posted by 1953 View Post
    Nothing says company with character like a news hub devoted to restoring the image you destroyed through your behaviors.
    It's much cheaper than doing the right thing.

It's a "news hub" but there are no dates on the articles. Totally transparent.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Perhaps because it took them years to do that and they also made a huge PR deal about it? That'd be my guess!