No relief appears in sight for rising Great Lakes water levels which have abruptly surged from a record low in 2013 to a record high this year according to this Free Press article. Hydrologists are now predicting the levels will continue to rise in 2020.

Belle Isle infrastructure is being threatened, in particular the electrical system's junction station which is currently sandbagged and may need more extensive protection. If it fails the island would have to shut down.

I suspect the recent collapse of the uranium-contaminated dock of the former Revereware site could be added to the tally of high water level problems.

And finally a couple of interesting and concerning facts to add to my "hmmm, I didn't know that".
Weather patterns indicate the shift has started. Annual precipitation has increased in the Great Lakes region by 13.6% since 1951, according to climate research from Michigan State University and the University of Michigan.

More of it is falling during severe storms precipitation released during the most severe 1% of storms increased by 35% between 1951 and 2017.