Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Kid Rock's Restaurant at the LCA will close in April!

Kid Rock's drunken rant continues that he will not renew his lease of the so-called iconic restaurant "Kid Rock's Made in Detroit." First he commits a racial rant against Oprah Winfrey while singing in his concert drunk and now he is closing his restaurant. What a way to go that he put a cussing finger in our city that in the way of entertainment business growth.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...aurant-at-lca/

Certainly does not excuse allowing [[and celebrating!) it in the first place, but very good news indeed.

Still blown away LCA opened with six straight Kid Rock shows in a city that is 80% African-American. That's a stain for the arena that'll never go away.

One less over-priced 'place to be seen' elbow-to-elbow joint. But what will replace it? The same?

Reading his statement, it reads like another druken rant, just in type. I think too much is made about his supposed politics. The guy grew up in privilege, is clearly a bigot [[I think that's a better term than racist in most circumstances) and has taken advantage of everything that's ever come before him. For a while he promoted Detroit, but I'm not even sure that was a good thing. That's about it for this guy. Good Riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    One less over-priced 'place to be seen' elbow-to-elbow joint. But what will replace it? The same?
    Compared to what you pay for pop, popcorn, water, etc. in any arena in North America the prices for most menu items weren't bad. Everybody knows you eat at your favorite restaurant outside an arena before or after a game if you don't want to overpay inside the venue. It's no different than parking. The same fat people who are too lazy to walk a few blocks complain about the cost of parking next the venue.

Who cares. Guy is a wild man, likes to piss people off.

No talent sloppy drunk.

He's this generation's Ted Nugent. And like Ted, historically irrelevant.

It's a special kind of stupid to be from Northern Macomb County and fly the Confederate flag. Like, powerful stupid

Are we still talking about Kid Rock or Trump? Know your customer/cater to your base.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    I heard that they want to bring back the "Olympia Room" to LCA, so here is the perfect opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkytofu View Post
    Still blown away LCA opened with six straight Kid Rock shows in a city that is 80% African-American. That's a stain for the arena that'll never go away.
    Why does that surprise you? All but 10 of those attendees are probably from outside the city limits, likely within a 2 hour driving area.

I see the Kid couldn't resist throwing in a "Trump 2020" at the end. Birds [[turds) of a feather....

I'm not much of a Kid Rock fan myself, but this thread is full of hate...you all might want to just consider taking a nicer view of people who are different than you.

Quote Originally Posted by 1953 View Post
    I'm not much of a Kid Rock fan myself, but this thread is full of hate...you all might want to just consider taking a nicer view of people who are different than you.

OK boomer.

Looks like Sam Riddle is trying to take credit for this. Between Rock and Riddle I don't know who is worse.

Not hate, intolerance. It's our intolerance of overrated stupid people.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven&wyo View Post
    It's a special kind of stupid to be from Northern Macomb County and fly the Confederate flag. Like, powerful stupid
    Honestly, I will never understand anyone from Michigan that flies that flag or takes it up as a symbol. It shows a stunning degree of historical ignorance, and a disrespect for both the people who fought and died and what they fought and died for. Of course, it also tells you an awful lot about the person displaying it, none of it good.

Sorry our hateful intolerance or Mr. Rock's hateful intolerance offended your delicate sensibilities.

And what an odd formulation you make here, we should take "a nicer view of people who are different than you" about someone who has publicly attacked and insulted people different than him? I'm at a loss trying to figure out how that makes any coherent sense.

OK, pop quiz ....

Who knows that the orange stars and bars as currently displayed and referred to as such is NOT the Confederate Flag and never officially represented the Confederate States Of America?

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    OK, pop quiz ....

Who knows that the orange stars and bars as currently displayed and referred to as such is NOT the Confederate Flag and never officially represented the Confederate States Of America?
    Well, yes and no. It was used at the battle flag of Confederate forces in the east and as the Confederate naval ensign. A variant of it, with the battle flag as the canton [[below), was used as the second Confederate national flag beginning in 1863. But, yes, the original national flag of the CSA was a different design, much more similar to the US flag.

However, it was the battle flag that was mostly revived by southern states as the symbol of their resistance to racial integration. And, official or not, I don't think anyone misses the meaning of the use of the battle flag today.
    Last edited by EastsideAl; December-04-19 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    However, it was the battle flag that was mostly revived by southern states as the symbol of their resistance to racial integration. And, official or not, I don't think anyone misses the meaning of the use of the battle flag today.
    That's why the current form is basically seen as a symbol of hate rather than any form of tribute to the CSA.

Maybe Red Robin could open in that spot. Kid Rock had completely forgotten about his rap roots. Now he’s a cowboy. I would rather pay money to see Garth Brooks instead

Wasn't the first CSA flag something called the "Bonnie Blue" [[I think)? A simple white star on a blue field. I'm pretty sure it was the flag the Rebs were using when they shelled Fort Sumter and kicked off the "late unpleasantness." Could be wrong...never was good on pop quizzes.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven&wyo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    Honestly, I will never understand anyone from Michigan that flies that flag or takes it up as a symbol. It shows a stunning degree of historical ignorance, and a disrespect for both the people who fought and died and what they fought and died for. Of course, it also tells you an awful lot about the person displaying it, none of it good.
    Last time I was in Armada I saw three just passing through on the main roads. Didn't get to Romeo but it was only a few miles away. Confederate flags and northern Macomb county are a thing.

Their vote counts as much as ours does when it comes to regional planning.

This one has the nerve to co-opt Detroit to market himself.

But there's good news:
    • He sold his home in Detroit.
    • He's closing his Detroit restaurant.
    • He opened a "Honky Tonk Steakhouse" in Nashville.

Let's hope he makes Tennessee his new focus. And he encourages a lot of like-minded bigots to follow.

That kind of population loss would be a strong positive.
    Last edited by bust; December-04-19 at 11:42 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast