Chroma in Milwaukee Junction
MILWAUKEE JUNCTION RISING  »

FUN THINGS TO DO IN DETROIT »



Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 36 of 36
  1. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    ^^^^^^^ That!

    And did you notice how easy it was for the guy to buy a handgun in Florida with a hunting permit?

    How did the guy get a hunting permit as a Saudi National?
    Almost as easy as buying a van in Canada and running people over eh

    You do not need a hunting permit to buy a gun in Florida,you need a hunting permit to hunt,it does not matter if you use a gun,spear,bow and arrow,choice of weapon is irrelevant.

  2. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Almost as easy as buying a van in Canada and running people over eh

    You do not need a hunting permit to buy a gun in Florida,you need a hunting permit to hunt,it does not matter if you use a gun,spear,bow and arrow,choice of weapon is irrelevant.
    Hey genius, as a non-U.S. citizen, he took advantage of a KNOWN loophole that allows non-citizens here on a valid visa to purchase guns and legally possess them as long as they have a hunting permit as well. Why someone would need a Glock 45 to go hunting, I do not know.

    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...se/4392107002/


    So in this case yes, smart guy, as a foreign citizen he DID need a hunting license to purchase a gun in the state of Florida. Like I said, a known loophole that was intentionally exploited by a terrorist to allow him to easily and legally obtain a gun for the express purpose of murdering Americans. Can we close that loophole, or will the NRA bleed out of their assholes in unbridled rage if anyone dares suggest that foreigners who get a Florida hunting license shouldn't be allowed to buy whatever guns they want, no questions asked?

    I suspect I already know the answer to that question. 'Murica.
    Last edited by aj3647; December-12-19 at 09:10 AM.

  3. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Hey genius, as a non-U.S. citizen, he took advantage of a KNOWN loophole that allows non-citizens here on a valid visa to purchase guns and legally possess them as long as they have a hunting permit as well. Why someone would need a Glock 45 to go hunting, I do not know.

    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...se/4392107002/


    So in this case yes, smart guy, as a foreign citizen he DID need a hunting license to purchase a gun in the state of Florida. Like I said, a known loophole that was intentionally exploited by a terrorist to allow him to easily and legally obtain a gun for the express purpose of murdering Americans. Can we close that loophole, or will the NRA bleed out of their assholes in unbridled rage if anyone dares suggest that foreigners who get a Florida hunting license shouldn't be allowed to buy whatever guns they want, no questions asked?

    I suspect I already know the answer to that question. 'Murica.

    Hey genius,I live in Florida and I can go buy a gun in less then 10 minutes with NO ID.

    Granted nobody selling guns would ever sell a gun to a foreigner unless it is a drug dealer or the like.

    Just like I can buy or steal a van and run a bunch of people over,just like I can buy a knife and stab a bunch of people just like I can buy a quart of gasoline and throw a moltoliv cocktail into a crowd.

    I can do all of that WITHOUT an ID.

    Only a self determined genius would think that the can dig thier way out of this by closing loopholes.

    How about the closure of the vetting process loopholes,or maybe even not allow foreigners in US military installations.

    You are an American,maybe but doubtful,but no Americans can just walk on to a US military installation without proper clearance and ID,he should have never been on the base to begin with.

    They do not need to be trained on our soil.

    How about closing the loopholes of open borders and unfettered and unvetted illegal immigration?

    Funny how how you are quick at becoming a genius when it come to the loopholes of things you do not agree with.
    Last edited by Richard; December-12-19 at 09:54 AM.

  4. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Hey genius,I live in Florida and I can go buy a gun in less then 10 minutes with NO ID.
    Where you can go buy a gun without showing ID, in under 10 minutes no less? Name the store. Can you? You're full of shit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Granted nobody selling guns would ever sell a gun to a foreigner unless it is a drug dealer or the like.
    Wrong again, Richard. Do you even bother to try to learn the facts of this case, or do you just 100% pull everything you say out of your own asshole?

    https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/10/us/pe...nse/index.html

    The hunting license allowed Alshamrani to purchase a gun and ammunition from a licensed Florida firearms dealer. And he did just that on July 20, buying the gun from a licensed dealer, the FBI said Tuesday, without naming the dealer.

  5. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Where you can go buy a gun without showing ID, in under 10 minutes no less? Name the store. Can you? You're full of shit.



    Wrong again, Richard. Do you even bother to try to learn the facts of this case, or do you just 100% pull everything you say out of your own asshole?

    https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/10/us/pe...nse/index.html

    The hunting license allowed Alshamrani to purchase a gun and ammunition from a licensed Florida firearms dealer. And he did just that on July 20, buying the gun from a licensed dealer, the FBI said Tuesday, without naming the dealer.
    I am beginning to think that you do not even live in this country let alone try and figure out how somebody can be so damn thick.

    You work really hard at it Hugh.

    Where did I post the only option in the world in purchasing guns is at a store ?

    How come you do not want to close the vetting process loophole,Saudi knew the guy was radicalized back in 2015 and he had been posting anti American crap,like yourself,on social media.

    Just like yourself he should had never been allowed in the country had the proper vetting process been put in place.

    No wonder you have advocated the whole no vetting or vetting was racist so hard because you like it when like minded Enter the country that have no business in the first place being here.

    I posted it before and will post it again,that American blood is on your hands,no different then if you had pulled the trigger so stop acting like you actually give a crap.

    I do not know how much they are paying you,but it is apparently nothing because they are getting thier monies worth.

  6. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    -I wrote that the police said they had found nothing to indicate terrorism. I didn't disagree but noted that we still don't know who did it - either his name or background or his motive. You confused my asking additional questions with contradicting something the police said.
    Oladub, I just wanted to follow up with an update on this story for your own edification, and for that of Richard who claimed without a shred of evidence that this man was an ISIS terrorist.

    http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2019/12...atric-problems

    The 35-year old homeless suspect, identified as Luis P, was apparently well-known to authorities and social services for years as having severe mental health issues that manifested in violence and had been previously committed to a psychiatric hospital after he attacked his mother. He was also implicated in a criminal incident in France where he randomly struck a stranger for no reason.

    But feel free to hold out hope that he was a Muslim convert! We still don't know for sure, so you keep that healthy skepticism that the Dutch Media is telling us the real truth and isn't hiding his true Islamic allegiance! I would also like to point out that MY post on December 5 in which I speculate that the stabber was "most likely mentally ill" turned out to be...100% correct! Imagine that, Occam's Razor wins again.

    P.S. Richard, still waiting on your proof that this was an ISIS terrorist attack...
    Last edited by aj3647; January-02-20 at 12:03 PM.

  7. #32

    Default

    P.S. AJ I am still waiting for you to show me where I claimed the attack in the Netherlands was an ISIS attack.

    The thread started as London Bridge Terrorism ... again

    Read it at the start of the thread.

    At the time it was posted it had already been reported that the suspect was a known terrorist.

    I did not write a terrorist attack also happened in the Netherlands because all they reported was it had not been ruled out.

    To me not ruled out means,they do not know for sure,maybe it has a different meaning to you?

    You sure like to take words and spin them into a yarn,are you sure you are not a seamstress?

    Also another attack in the Netherlands with 3 stabbed but fortunately no deaths,they should call it what it is,ISIS backed terrorists.

    That is what I posted,now place context in the thread title and the two links provided.

    If I had worded it as also a terrorist attack in the Netherlands it would be like trying to impeach a president with no evidence.

    Authorities are going to be cautious when useing the Terrorist word.

    There is more at stake then the actions of a terrorist,public fear,tourism,the public taking actions against those who they think may be a terrorist.

    In the future I will spell it out for you,precisely,slowly and step by step Sense you seem to be unwilling to look at the bigger picture or context of things.

    The red car used in the getaway had windows,doors,tires,a motor,a transmission,seats,windshield wipers,headlights and 12,000 other identifying factors.
    Last edited by Richard; January-02-20 at 01:22 PM.

  8. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Oladub, I just wanted to follow up with an update on this story for your own edification, and for that of Richard who claimed without a shred of evidence that this man was an ISIS terrorist.

    http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2019/12...atric-problems

    The 35-year old homeless suspect, identified as Luis P, was apparently well-known to authorities and social services for years as having severe mental health issues that manifested in violence and had been previously committed to a psychiatric hospital after he attacked his mother. He was also implicated in a criminal incident in France where he randomly struck a stranger for no reason.

    But feel free to hold out hope that he was a Muslim convert! We still don't know for sure, so you keep that healthy skepticism that the Dutch Media is telling us the real truth and isn't hiding his true Islamic allegiance! I would also like to point out that MY post on December 5 in which I speculate that the stabber was "most likely mentally ill" turned out to be...100% correct! Imagine that, Occam's Razor wins again.
    aj, Here is the first sentence of my post #10: "We still don't know the name, motive, or origin of the Hague knifer. What we do know about the Hague knifer was that the police said they didn't have reason to believe that this homeless male was a terrorist." In posts 14 an 16, I responded to your attempts to twist what I wrote. Thank you for allowing me "to hold out hope that he was a Muslim convert" although I'm still trying to decide if your attempt at mind reading is more arrogant or nonsensical.

    In post #10, I also wrote, "He could also have been crazy". Thatturned out to be...100% correct! Imagine that, Occam's Razor wins again." Imagine that -both of us being 100% correct although I went on to speculate about possible motives for going insane*. We do now know that the Dutch police have decided he was insane, although I suggested as much bck in post #10, and that his name was Luis P. Luis is a common French name. P is such a rare surname that no doubt the Euro press will be all over this story flushing out Luis P's origin now that they have his name. Being insane probably negates the need to determine motive though.

    oladub:"He could also have been crazy"
    aj:"most likely mentally ill"

    *Note: "most likely" and "could have" are eerily similar coming from the two of us. Although neither suggested certainty, we should take full 100% credit for being right anyway!

  9. #34

    Default

    So NOT ISIS then, right Oladub? You also said this, which you conveniently forgot to mention.

    Holland did a good job of suppressing eyewitness descriptions of him except for this- " He jumped very athletically over benches to get away. He looked like a cheetah,” one witness told NOS." So we know that the Hague knifer was somewhat athletic, probably young, and did not fit stereotypes of down on their luck homeless people not generally compared with cheetahs.
    So what exactly were you hinting at with the completely-unfounded accusation that the Dutch authorities were "suppressing" (your exact word) eyewitness descriptions of the suspect? I mean, I know EXACTLY what you were hinting at, but I want to see if you have the balls to be honest about it or if you'll pull your usual intellectually-dishonest bullshit. Ooooo he didn't "fit the stereotype" of a homeless person? He was young and physically fit? Must have been a military-age former Syrian Islamist rebel who snuck in and claimed asylum, right Oladub? Just be honest man, you're transparent as fuck and we all know what you were getting at when you said that, just be honest about it. That's what you WANTED it to be because it would suit your anti-Muslim and anti-immigrant narrative if it was, and your hopes were dashed.

  10. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    So NOT ISIS then, right Oladub? You also said this, which you conveniently forgot to mention.
    Whatever your fantasizes about my thoughts, the quote about athletically jumping over benches looking like a cheetah was that of an eyewitness when the authorities were trying to pass Luis P off as a homeless person. Where did I bring up ISIS or did you provide evidence to eliminate that possibility? I'm still agnostic on the matter because I still don't have enough information.

    Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    So what exactly were you hinting at with the completely-unfounded accusation that the Dutch authorities were "suppressing" (your exact word) eyewitness descriptions of the suspect? I mean, I know EXACTLY what you were hinting at, but I want to see if you have the balls to be honest about it or if you'll pull your usual intellectually-dishonest bullshit. Ooooo he didn't "fit the stereotype" of a homeless person? He was young and physically fit? Must have been a military-age former Syrian Islamist rebel who snuck in and claimed asylum, right Oladub? Just be honest man, you're transparent as fuck and we all know what you were getting at when you said that, just be honest about it. That's what you WANTED it to be because it would suit your anti-Muslim and anti-immigrant narrative if it was, and your hopes were dashed.
    I wasn't hinting. Unlike you, I didn't know and still don't know enough to come to a conclusion. Yes, Dutch authorities were and are apparently are suppressing information. I still don't even know more than the first name of the culprit, his motive, or anything about his background. Then they caught the guy and described him as 'homeless'. Now he's someone named "Luis P" who had been violent and crazy in France. The police scrubbed their first description of the assailant. Unlike you, I am not impressed with writing the story off without even a full name or motive. 'Move along there isn't anything to see here' isn't up to my standards. Suit yourself. It is odd that Luis P who was released from a psychiatric hospital for attacking his mother and "had committed assault after assault" in France somehow wound up in Holland doing more of the same. Your curiosity seems to lag promoting your narrative. I'm suggesting that there might be more of a story beginning with a name.

    We already do know the (Finnish) name of the guy, [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.952941)]Keith Thomas Kinnunen [/COLOR]who killed two people in a Texas church and his possible motive. We have his photo. We know where he was from and the places he lived. He may have been angry that the church didn't provide him with cash. He was probably crazy and had a history of being homeless and committing crimes too. Our press coverage of Kieth K, or is it Kieth T, is running circles around news coverage of Luis P compared with the relative Dutch suppression of news concerning Luis P. Substituting thought police fantasies of what I may or may not be thinking for actual news might be your style but I prefers facts.

    Your vocabulary is also backsliding. You again confuse the term 'immigrants' with 'illegal non-citizens'. One of my parents and all four of my grandparents were immigrants but they were also legal aliens (legal non-citizens) prior to becoming citizens. Your sloppy definitions and defense of immigration laws wouldn't be able to make sense of my previous sentence. As to being anti-Muslim, I confess to remembering the 3,000 killed on 9-11, the expressed motives of their killers, and that some of the killers were illegal non-citizens or "immigrants" in aj Newspeak.

  11. #36

    Default

    Are we safer today, this year, now, here in the US from a foreign act of terrorism than we were this time last year?

    Setting aside Trump (if possible) what priorities must be considered to prevent an attack?
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-05-20 at 10:15 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Instagram
BEST ONLINE FORUM FOR
DETROIT-BASED DISCUSSION
DetroitYES Awarded BEST OF DETROIT 2015 - Detroit MetroTimes - Best Online Forum for Detroit-based Discussion 2015

ENJOY DETROITYES?


AND HAVE ADS REMOVED DETAILS »





Welcome to DetroitYES! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
DetroitYES! is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to DetroitYES! [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.