Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Morouns buying + bulldozing Bel Air

good riddance

the google reviews on the theater are a treat to read

The family's Warren-based Crown Enterprises Inc. real estate company finalized the sale last month, according to Wayne County land records. The purchase price was not disclosed.

The shopping center is about 450,000 square feet on more than 40 acres.

The precise plans for the property are not known. Michael Samhat, president of Crown Enterprises, confirmed the purchase and said the site's future does not include retail. He would only say it would be "repurposed."
    Fun fact: The property sits immediately north of FCA's Conner Center, which was announced in March last year as the replacement for the assembly plant there that produced the Dodge Viper until August 2017.

What is the former FCA Conner Street [[Viper) Assembly plant being
    used for at present?

Quote Originally Posted by renf View Post
    What is the former FCA Conner Street [[Viper) Assembly plant being
    used for at present?
    not open to the pubic - at this time
    https://moparinsiders.com/a-look-int...conner-center/

Renamed Conner Center, the former manufacturing facility, tucked in a Detroit neighborhood just south of the famed 8 Mile Road, has space to exhibit 85 of the nearly 400 concept and historic vehicles that will now be stored on site under one roof.
    Approximately 77,000 of the plant’s nearly 400,000 square-feet of floor space is dedicated to displaying vehicles like the 1902 Rambler, the oldest in the collection, to one of the most significant, the 1924 Chrysler Touring. Conner’s administrative offices were converted into nearly 22,000 square-feet of meeting space that can accommodate gatherings of various sizes.

The reviews [[google etc.) are pretty bad. Still, I hate to see our remaining multi-screen movie theater go. One review said the you can hear movies from one theater in the other; terrible insulation.

What's was up with that? I'd never been.
    Last edited by Zacha341; November-27-19 at 09:14 AM.

I highly doubt they'll do anything. At best they will bulldoze it and it will become a vacant lot for decades. The Mouron's have been a cancer for Detroit and Windsor. I welcome their actions to change my opinion of them.

I saw the theater post on the Crains facebook post that the Theater is remaining open as they still have 16 years left on their lease.

They will likely just simply pack the surface lot with hundreds of their semis for the foreseeable future

Quote Originally Posted by gumby View Post
    I saw the theater post on the Crains facebook post that the Theater is remaining open as they still have 16 years left on their lease.
    Crain's was quoting the general manager. I doubt he has any control/say over the lease. Also, the Mouron's aren't in the retail/entertainment business.

Quote Originally Posted by hybridy View Post
    Crain's was quoting the general manager. I doubt he has any control/say over the lease. Also, the Mouron's aren't in the retail/entertainment business.
    I am just repeating what was posted.
    Name:  Screenshot_20191127-105801_Facebook.jpg
Views: 1179
Size:  134.8 KB

Also, the Mouron's aren't in the retail/entertainment business.
    I don't know - I've bought some of their nonsense, and have been highly entertained by the comments left on here.

Do they really think Fatty Moron will honor a contract?

The Bel Air Theatre is where in 2001 Eminem had his World Premier of his movie "8 Mile"... likely since it was the only theatre along 8 Mile Rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    The reviews [[google etc.) are pretty bad. Still, I hate to see our remaining multi-screen movie theater go. One review said the you can hear movies from one theater in the other; terrible insulation.

What's was up with that? I'd never been.
    It probably hasn't undergone a true renovation since the AMC days [[late 90s).

Oh well! There goes the neighborhood.

keep the theater active.

I miss the old Bel Air Drive In that was there...