Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default New marina at the end of alter road?

I was cruising down alter the other day checking out some of the old canal homes and whatnot in the area. As I got to the very end of alter right next to angel park and mariner park there looks to be a new building going up possibly a marina or a water sports activities center. I think this might be the old riverside boat ramp/ marina but I donÂ’t know enough about this area and hoping someone else did. By the way, those steets along the canals there are very interesting. Klenk, alter, and harbor island all possess a very cool boaters paradise type of feel. Now if they could eliminate some of the abandoned/ burned down homes between the nice ones, I think things could really start to trend upwards there, given the location so close to Grosse Pointe.

Saw that while kayaking early in the summer. The construction workers told me it's a new restaurant/bar/kayak rental joint.

Anyone have photos of Tommy's Boat Livery reconstruction?

Quote Originally Posted by angry_fred View Post
    Saw that while kayaking early in the summer. The construction workers told me it's a new restaurant/bar/kayak rental joint.
    It's owned by the couple that runs Coriander Kitchen and Farm. They've been catering events and offering brunch on weekends at the marina for a few years now.

Support their big transition to brick and mortar in 2020, should be such a cool addition to the neighborhood!

https://www.corianderkitchenandfarm.com/

They've been working on it for a few years. Progress is slow. Seems like it has a long way to go but it's a great place to hang out for a weekend breakfast in the summer. Name:  20191226_233415.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  67.6 KB