Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default WPP Moving 1,000 Into Marquette Building

Obviously great news. Handle Ford's PR and advertising and with the MCS renovation it makes sense.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/bu...nt/4306091002/

Great news, but does anyone know where these employees are coming from ?

Quote Originally Posted by DetBill View Post
    Great news, but does anyone know where these employees are coming from ?
    Sounds like consolidating from other offices in Detroit

The Detroit Campus will accommodate up to 1,000 of WPP’s people, bringing together its agencies in the city including GTB, VMLY&R, Burrows, Hudson Rouge, Iconmobile, Xaxis and Zubi. They will work with WPP’s largest client, Ford Motor Company, as well as other clients. WPP’s Campus will be near Ford’s own planned campus in the Corktown district of Detroit. WPP will also retain a presence in Dearborn, MI, when the Detroit Campus opens in late 2020.

The crains article stated it would be 850 employees from Dearborn, with an additional 182 jobs anticipated.

This is double what Adient was planning, nice.

That is great news after Adient give up and stay in their comfort zone. Detroit is where the action is.
    Last edited by Danny; November-28-19 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    That is great news after Avent give up and stay in their comfort zone. Detroit is where the action is.
    Adient gave up because the renovation would have put them into bankruptcy. Adient is better off for backing out and Detroit is better off for it too. It obviously would have been pretty horrible for them to complete the reno and move in just to go under.

Thanks for the additional info everyone. , the freep article didn't mention anything about where the employees were from, which I thought was pretty odd.

In effect this move is only a boomerang: the core of these advertising workers are the former JWT team, a group located in Comerica tower until they were moved to Dearborn 10+ years ago. And a second measure of cold water: large parts of the Ford business held by these agencies are in jeopardy as Ford shifts focus and even claws back functions from their agencies, e.g. analytics. This move isn't bad for Detroit but it also isnt necessarily the win that it previously would have been ten years ago.

Adient, I believe, put several million dollars into the new Police Athletic League baseball park that now stands on the grounds of Bennett/Navin/
    Briggs field. I assume they will keep their name on that attractive
    baseball field.

Yes while they drop out from the Gilberttown Investment because they blow all their money a while ago and not organizing their investment scheme. If I was President of Adient, I will have a investment dollars and my creditors ready to make or build any property in Gilberttown Detroit.

When people say things like Gilberttown it's just embarrassing and cringy for you.

And this building has nothing to do with Gilbert.

Quote Originally Posted by Metro25 View Post
    When people say things like Gilberttown it's just embarrassing and cringy for you.

And this building has nothing to do with Gilbert.
    When Dan Gilbert came to Downtown Detroit and have a real estate shopping spree, it becomes Gilberttown. With Dan Gilbert Park, Gilbert Tower and the Shops at Dan Gilbert Plaza.

Danny.bot is short circuiting