Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Highlands Restaurant Opens Atop RenCen

Finally. A new restaurant opens today in Detroit's highest location with a fitting name Highlands. [Never liked the name of the place it replaces, Coach Insignia--worst name since Stroh's Signature beer].

I do hope they carry on Coach Insignia's happy hour pattern where one could get reasonably-priced drinks and small plates and that dramatic view.

I like their multi-use plan.
    "Taking the traditional, stuffy top-of-the tower and completely turning it on its head," Sarah Camarota said.

The business has four prongs:

• Highlands Steakhouse: A steakhouse with an "epic collection" of wine and "backdrop of blazing stoves." The sommelier is Alexandra Martin.
    • Hearth 71: A "funky, casual" restaurant with locally sourced dishes and local microbrews
    • High Bar: A bar and lounge with cocktails from mixologist Tony Abou-Ganim
    • Highland Events: A private event space filled with "highly curated" events
    And, yes, if you want to impress your date you can still shell out the big bucks at the steakhouse.
    The steakhouse menu includes small plates such as grilled artichoke hearts [[$18) and charred Spanish octopus [[$19); a salad with ingredients sourced from Detroit nonprofit RecoveryPark [[$15); large plates of sea scallops [[$41) and steelhead trout [[$31); and meats ranging from a 16-ounce New York strip [[$56) to a 22-ounce Wagyu New York Strip [[$115).

The menu boasts a full wine and spirits program, as well as beers on tap. A glass of Remy Martin XO runs $30, a pour of New York Malmsey Madeira is $22 and a draft pint of beer starts at $8 for a blonde ale from Arbor Brewing Co.
    https://www.crainsdetroit.com/restau...issance-center

Interesting concept for sure, sounds nice, but not sure if I was reading the article correctly , but are three of the four restaurants / lounge all on one floor? The floor is really not all that big in the first place , so that would make pretty small spaces for each one of the three, as I believe the 72nd floor is going to be kept for private events? Not sure if I read this correctly.