Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default More Midtown/The Mid update

I read on Curbed that the Mid was suppose to break ground, in early September after securing financing but as of the November the land hasn't been touched, and the banner on the fence is falling off, anyone on the inside have any updates on when the groundbreaking will be and what the current stats are ?

Quote Originally Posted by shawring View Post
    I read on Curbed that the Mid was suppose to break ground, in early September after securing financing but as of the November the land hasn't been touched, and the banner on the fence is falling off, anyone on the inside have any updates on when the groundbreaking will be and what the current stats are ?
    I was just wondering this myself. I hope to God this hasn’t stalled :/ could be a real game changer for that corridor

Pretty sure that's - at least - the second delay of an announced start date. Original groundbreaking was announced as "summer". I'd be very skeptical of this project until we see movement.

I was always very skeptical of this getting built. With the huge rise in construction costs building new just didn't seem to make sense. I hope it gets built though

Quote Originally Posted by Seven&wyo View Post
    I was always very skeptical of this getting built. With the huge rise in construction costs building new just didn't seem to make sense. I hope it gets built though
    ^^^Well this post is very out of character.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    ^^^Well this post is very out of character.
    Realistic and rational? I'd say it's pretty consistent

Realistic and rational?
    Exactly.

It's refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Exactly.

It's refreshing.
    And you left your thinking cap at home again. Congrats

And you left your thinking cap at home again. Congrats
    And the hostile but naive Seven&wyo is back!

I also thought that construction was set to begin this past Summer on Woodward and Mack

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I also thought that construction was set to begin this past Summer on Woodward and Mack
    On the parking garage part of the development I believe lol
    Unless I’m confusing developments here

Quote Originally Posted by Dmberko11 View Post
    On the parking garage part of the development I believe lol
    Unless I’m confusing developments here
    You're thinking of the SoMA development. Their first phase, a parking garage, began last summer and is currently having its foundation built. The parking garage at The Mid is going to be part of the apartment tower.