Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default GM "Poletown" Plant Still in Business? Hummer Returns?

I guess I missed this and have been under the impression that the GM Detroit-Hamtramck [aka the Poletown plant to us locals] was closing. Now I read this inside a larger article on their closing and sale of the Lordstown Plant.

"GM has said it will invest $3 billion in Detroit-Hamtramck to build an electric pickup and other electric trucks, possibly reviving the Hummer brand there."

https://freep-mi.newsmemory.com/?pub...7db592_13411a8

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    I guess I missed this and have been under the impression that the GM Detroit-Hamtramck [aka the Poletown plant to us locals] was closing. Now I read this inside a larger article on their closing and sale of the Lordstown Plant.

"GM has said it will invest $3 billion in Detroit-Hamtramck to build an electric pickup and other electric trucks, possibly reviving the Hummer brand there."

https://freep-mi.newsmemory.com/?pub...7db592_13411a8
    Surprised you missed it. It was a headline in many of the strike settlement articles, that Hamtramck would be the only one of the four scheduled plant closings to remain open.

Maybe The Terminator could show them how.
    https://www.kreiselelectric.com/en/b...ied-hummer-h1/

Hummer?!

no no no no no no no no

Seriously. I cringe every time I see one of those god awful things.

I’m not a fan of Hummers either, but I am a fan of the plant staying open

Mary Barra should demotted from the CEO position as well as the other executives. Get some younger thinking in there to bring back GM plus bring back the impala.

Horatio Caine of CSI Miami always looked cool with his! Local experiences vary however.

Quote Originally Posted by ParisianLesion View Post
    Seriously. I cringe every time I see one of those god awful things.

Lost Lordstown But still saving Hamtramck! That Government Motors for you.