Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Detroit and Mike Duggan on 60 Minutes.

The story sheds some light on Jimie Dimon’s activity in the city. A new approach to some of the major problems and some serious money is exactly what is required. Give him a key to the city at Thanksgiving right after the Mayor says his work is not done...

https://www.cbs.com/shows/60_minutes...ing-the-truth/

I saw the story. It is good that Dimon took it upon himself to help Detroit immediately after the bankruptcy without waiting for others to approach him like other banks did but I would hardly give him a key to the city [[then again Saddam has one so why not?). It will take many years to undo the damage done by JP Morgan and the other big banks that led to so many foreclosures and population loss. The CBS host tried to press him on this a few times, i.e. is this guilt money?, but he wouldn't really bite other than saying mistakes were made.
    Last edited by 401don; November-12-19 at 08:25 AM.

Gem from Duggan:
    "The job training programs are training Detroiters for jobs that are actually hiring. You'd think that was always the case."

We've got a long way to go....

I hated everything about this.

Jamie thinks he's a god who deserves everything and can do no wrong

Major media hosts should know better than to use sensationalized terms like "war zones" but I'm not surprised.

Their depiction of the North End was so manufactured. North End is an on the up neighborhood and JPMorgan knows this. They wouldn't be putting in so much money if not. But 60 minutes would have you believe it's just JPMorgan saving it from the depths of hell.
    Last edited by Metro25; November-12-19 at 09:03 PM.