Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Fouts wins again

Obviously he has his foibles, but the people have spoken. They must like the way he runs a city, or something like that.

Foibles is putting it lightly. The man is a personified dumpster fire. Warren gets what it deserves.

At the end of the day if he's doing right for the majority [[voters spoke) then I don't care what he looks like and how he talks.

The largest voting blocks probably look and talk like him too. Birds of a feather. Take away GM and Warren becomes Highland Park.
    Last edited by hybridy; November-08-19 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by One Shot View Post
    At the end of the day if he's doing right for the majority [[voters spoke) then I don't care what he looks like and how he talks.
    He's racist, intolerant jackass with no capacity for empathy. That Warren voters continue to support him says nothing good about Warren.

Quote Originally Posted by Metro25 View Post
    ...a personified dumpster fire.
    I don't know much about Fouts or whether the description is accurate for him; but, that's hysterical.

Thanks to North Warren folks, Fouts remains dictator of Warren, MI. The election was rigged. I can see the military victory parade on Van Dyke north of 12 Mile by now.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    He's racist, intolerant jackass with no capacity for empathy. That Warren voters continue to support him says nothing good about Warren.
    He learn it from Steenberg!

Quote Originally Posted by hybridy View Post
    The largest voting blocks probably look and talk like him too. Birds of a feather. Take away GM and Warren becomes Highland Park.
    Well this is very rude to Highland Park. Which is a city filled with beautiful architecture, great potential and a real history and better people than Warren.

Warren could never be what Highland Park is even at it's lowest.

I think we all know that when Ford left Highland Park it would be the same if GM left Warren. Both great cities but one got the low end of the Auto industry.

I think you misread what I'm saying.

Current Highland Park imo is better than current Warren.

The man is a personified dumpster fire.
    ^^^Accurate.

Kinda like the current clown running the country. I bet they're related....

Jim Fouts is the "Kim Jong Un" of Warren, MI. He's got a lot of work when he turns City of Warren into North Korea by the end of his term.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Thanks to North Warren folks, Fouts remains dictator of Warren, MI. The election was rigged. I can see the military victory parade on Van Dyke north of 12 Mile by now.
    Why do you say Fouts is a dictator Danny? Show me how the election was rigged. I lived in Detroit through Coleman A Young and Kwame Kilpatrick and THAT'S what corruption and dictatorship look like. Are you a Warren resident? Fouts has his faults, but he calls back when you call him, he gets things done in Warren and that's what I like. I never got a call back from ANY mayor in Detroit, so I don't really know what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by hybridy View Post
    You people are really nasty. You actually think Warren would look like Highland Park, ever? Maybe a little jealous that we have GM ?

I think you misread what I'm saying.

Current Highland Park imo is better than current Warren.
    Take off your blinders!

Well this is very rude to Highland Park. Which is a city filled with beautiful architecture, great potential and a real history and better people than Warren.

Warren could never be what Highland Park is even at it's lowest.
    What irresponsible things to say. Better people than Warren? Why would you say that? There are good people everywhere. And Warren could never be what Highland Park is even at it's lowest? That doesn't even make sense. No comparisons it's just why cut down one city in a faux attempt to bring up another? It's like you just snapshotted all of the problems of DETROIT [[which includes the suburbs and the enclaves) in one post.

I know 2 black couples that actually moved to Warren from Detroit. They tell me it's not bad and they like it. They say the City takes care of business, [[more so than when they were in Detroit) As far as racism, they tell me it's the same as anywhere else. Some are welcoming, some are tolerant, some are racists. Overall, they're happy with their decision. So go figure.

As a resident I think Mayor Fouts has done good. He has served a long time and I was ready to see someone who better represents my generation. I've heard the accusations and I consider everyone innocent until proven guilty. That being said, none of us are perfect.

I would much rather Metro Detroit, City and Burbs, stick together and work through our differences amicably. Why do people here knee-jerk to the negative at the drop of a hat instead of respectfully disagree. Many of our communities are doing better but more could be attained together through mutual respect.

I'd like to see the demographics of who voted for whom.