Autum Colors
AUTUMN COLORS ABLAZE »

FUN THINGS TO DO IN DETROIT »



Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1

    Default Global Protests, Violence Growing

    Around the world the last few months there has been a steady and substantial increase in general strikes/riots/mass protests.

    Perhaps it started with those in Hong Kong seeking to protect its remaining democratic freedoms......

    But since then protests an a large scale, some violent, have affected places as disparate as Lebanon, Honduras, Chile, Ecuador, Iraq, Ethiopia and more.

    That doesn't include the climate protests across much of the world, which were frankly less disruptive (typically a day or 2, if unusually large and somewhat adverse economically)

    Here's a story asking if people are reaching a collective breaking point......

    https://www.thestar.com/opinion/cont...es-notice.html

    Is this real or a flash-in-the-pan?

    Will it affect places closer to home (the U.S./Canada etc)?

    What outcomes may ensue positive or negative?

    Will the power structure try to let some air out of the proverbial balloon in more places in order to lessen the likelihood of further disruption?

  2. #2

  3. #3

    Default

    Without reading the links and just in uneducated layman’s terms this is my take.

    Japan = fighting for democracy over Chinese dictatorship.

    Catalonia= fighting for independence because they are upset about the major city making all the rules.

    Which is why we have the electoral vote.

    Outside of Venezuela the other countries and mostly the South American ones is about converting to socialism and the desire to do so.

    Same with the yellow vest situation.

    It all is based on the simple concept of sooner or later you run out of other people’s money.

    Every riot or unrest or whatever you want to call it is because the countries are trying to borrow money in order to survive from the IMF and the IMF is telling them they need to get thier financials in order first because they are not a welfare fund.

    If you want to borrow money you have to show us how you are going to pay it back.

    So what happens?

    The transit situation is loosing money we have to increase rates = riot
    We as a country can no longer sell you subsidized gas at 20 cents a gallon because we cannot afford to = riot

    The rich people have money and we do not = riot

    Tax the rich in order to subsidize our existence,the rich run out of money,the ratio of rich to poor increases to the breaking point,or the rich moves thier money out of the country.

    In the middle of the depression in Detroit,the local Marxist/communist party organized a march of 3000 against the ford plant because Ford shuttered the plant for 6 months for retooling or maybe because nobody was actually buying cars.

    4 people were killed in the process of attempting to take over a plant in order to start production of cars that nobody could buy,even though Ford was putting millions into programs to help the community.

    The exact scenarios are being played out in the United States,just without the violence on a large scale yet and actually are being done internally.

    Enable the majority populated cities to provide rule over the entire country by eliminating the electoral vote.

    Create discourse by telling everybody it is the rich people’s fault and they can afford to pay everybody’s way.

    Create a base of power within one branch of the government in order to gain power over the government body irregardless of official elected representatives.

    That is how Chavez gained total control,by rewriting the constitution in order to eliminate the power of elected officials.

    Create discourse in the population by telling everybody that they have the right to equality Weather they work for it or not.

    Control the economy by implementing the new green deal.

    We have the progressive left implementing the very basis of the Marxist playbook in the United States.

    The unrest we see in the rest of the world is the result of implementing those same policies and what happens as a result of,they are a few years ahead of the US so that is our future when we go down that path.

    The difference is,those countries have systematically removed the citizens means of fighting back when it comes to population control,throwing rocks at armored vehicles is the only recourse they have.

    We in this country fight for the second amendment for that very reason and that is why it was implemented in the first place,nobody is coming up with a new way to govern a country every senario was already played out and the results were predictable a thousand years ago.

    The death toll of resistance is high in those countries,over 8000 in Venezuela alone have just disappeared in the hands of the authorities.

    What you see in those countries is a walking back of measures in order to quell the violence or the buying of time for the politicians in office until thier term runs out.

    Which will result in worse results in the future because the original problem is not being resolved.

    We had race riots,we have had burning cities,we have had social justice riots but none of that has anything to do with what is happening.

    It all boils down to fighting for democracy or fighting for the Marxist cause,it always has been and will always be.

    The thing with South America and other countries always seem to overlook is every time in order to implement the Marxist program somebody needs total control and in order to gain total control,you need to eliminate everybody that does not agree with the program.

    That is the history that has already been proven time and time again and it is marked by the mass graves.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Without reading the links and just in uneducated layman’s terms this is my take.
    No real need to read past this; can't be bothered reading the background that is a click away.

    Which is why virtually everything that followed was utter nonsense.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Visitor View Post
    No real need to read past this; can't be bothered reading the background that is a click away.

    Which is why virtually everything that followed was utter nonsense.
    What is utter nonsense is the idiocy involved in the thinking a opinion based link is the only form one receiving the news.

    I am not sure about Canada but in America we have internet,televisions and live feeds on YouTube and many other news sources that are not biased.

    But that is your Marxist teachings showing through,the only media source that has credit is the one you provide.

    You asked the question about if the unrest will spread to the United States or Canada but yet you cannot or fail to see what is happening in your own country as the seeds are being sowed for it already.

    How about the secessionist movements happening in Canada with Alberta,Quebec and others ?

    What about the uprising in Columbia with the anti university tuition?

    That is why you lashed out at me in your reply,because I disagreed with your Marxist agenda and your fellow compadres trying to shove it down everybody's throat like it is the best thing sense sliced cheese and will save the world from the evil capitalists.

    You can try all you want but that boat will never float in this country,they have been trying and failing sense the 1900s and continually failed.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Visitor View Post
    ... Is this real or a flash-in-the-pan?...
    Wall of Text aside, I did hear this phenomenon covered on NPR this morning, so yes, there's confirmation that it's real.

    The conclusion was that it has been fueled by socioeconomic distress felt by people across the globe who have had to make increasing sacrifices of necessities just to survive.

    Is it unprecedented that it's a global phenomenon? I think so.

    Chalk it up to social media?
    Last edited by Jimaz; November-01-19 at 08:42 PM.

  7. #7

    Default

    People are tired of being oppressed and classism. They're tired of the haves taking more and more by whatever means they can from the have-nots.

    Bezos and Gates are now closely tied to the Epstein Klan and hopefully will come crashing down.
    Last edited by Meddle; November-02-19 at 05:42 AM.

  8. #8

    Default

    People have been fighting the have/have not battle since money was invented.

    Everybody hates the rich but yet 57% of the American population plays the lottery in the hopes of becoming instantly rich.

    It seems like a lot of have nots complaining about living pay check to paycheck as an example are two people living in a 1800 sqft house,both driving new cars and wearing the latest fashions while visiting the latest trendy overpriced restaurant after drinking a $7 cup of morning coffee.

    And wondering why they are broke.

    Most of the unrest across the world is currently based on the effects of rolling back subsidized programs that the country can no longer afford to cover,they are not like the US that can print money,when thier bank account is empty it is empty.

    A lot of the South American unrest originated from leaders that won the position of power based on the promise of free money and social programs,once they got in power they created the social programs out of thin air,stole billions then left a mess for the incoming party to clean up by rolling back programs in order to put a budget in place.

    Bezos and Gates were not born rich,they became rich because Americans gave them the money while creating a lot of rich Chinese in the process.

    I still use a 10 year old laptop running windows XP pro and it still does everything but yet I see 6 year olds with the latest IPhone and thier parents with the latest tablets and phones wondering why they cannot get ahead.
    Last edited by Richard; November-02-19 at 11:01 AM.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    What is utter nonsense is the idiocy involved in the thinking a opinion based link is the only form one receiving the news.

    I am not sure about Canada but in America we have internet,televisions and live feeds on YouTube and many other news sources that are not biased.

    But that is your Marxist teachings showing through,the only media source that has credit is the one you provide.

    You asked the question about if the unrest will spread to the United States or Canada but yet you cannot or fail to see what is happening in your own country as the seeds are being sowed for it already.

    How about the secessionist movements happening in Canada with Alberta,Quebec and others ?

    What about the uprising in Columbia with the anti university tuition?

    That is why you lashed out at me in your reply,because I disagreed with your Marxist agenda and your fellow compadres trying to shove it down everybody's throat like it is the best thing sense sliced cheese and will save the world from the evil capitalists.

    You can try all you want but that boat will never float in this country,they have been trying and failing sense the 1900s and continually failed.
    First, you're a fool.

    Second, I have no marxist agenda; you keep forgetting, one of us is financially well off; it isn't you. That doesn't make me better than you; the fact I'm a caring, decent person, who values facts and education does.

    Now, here's the thing, first off, if you're going to contribute to a discussion, you read what someone has brought to the table first, because that's the basis of the discussion.

    As you've been told, countless times before, this is not YOUR thread. I started it to discuss, something, if you're going to contribute its to discuss my topic, which you will learn about by reading the links I provided.

    You are more than welcome to provide your own in addition, but not in substitution.

    From there, you're simply wrong in almost everything you've stated.

    Chile is not a remotely socialist country, its had a neo-liberal (conservative) economic system since before it returned to democracy (many decades). It does not have universal healthcare nor many other normative social programs.

    To suggest otherwise is to betray your ignorance.

    Likewise, Ethiopia, Lebanon and Iraq are not socialist in the least.

    Yes, fuel subsidies are the immediate issue in ONE South American country, but that too would not be about socialism per se.

    The story there is a good deal more complicated; and it is also only one country, not the majority of those I listed.

    Economic inequality is certainly part of the story in many of these places; as is government corruption. The two are often, but not always interrelated.

    Now, please leave this thread as like most threads you have nothing to contribute here. I welcome intelligent discussion from all political perspectives. Clearly you can't meet that threshold.

  10. #10

    Default

    As to the off-topic nonsense about secessionism in Canada.....

    That is a non-issue. There is no western/Alberta separatist party, there is no referendum on secession, there won't be either.

    Separatism is at a 50-year low in Quebec polls.

    There is some bleating from westerners on resource issues; it will be addressed, moving on.....

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Visitor View Post
    First, you're a fool.

    Second, I have no marxist agenda; you keep forgetting, one of us is financially well off; it isn't you. That doesn't make me better than you; the fact I'm a caring, decent person, who values facts and education does.

    Now, here's the thing, first off, if you're going to contribute to a discussion, you read what someone has brought to the table first, because that's the basis of the discussion.

    As you've been told, countless times before, this is not YOUR thread. I started it to discuss, something, if you're going to contribute its to discuss my topic, which you will learn about by reading the links I provided.

    You are more than welcome to provide your own in addition, but not in substitution.

    From there, you're simply wrong in almost everything you've stated.

    Chile is not a remotely socialist country, its had a neo-liberal (conservative) economic system since before it returned to democracy (many decades). It does not have universal healthcare nor many other normative social programs.

    To suggest otherwise is to betray your ignorance.

    Likewise, Ethiopia, Lebanon and Iraq are not socialist in the least.

    Yes, fuel subsidies are the immediate issue in ONE South American country, but that too would not be about socialism per se.

    The story there is a good deal more complicated; and it is also only one country, not the majority of those I listed.

    Economic inequality is certainly part of the story in many of these places; as is government corruption. The two are often, but not always interrelated.

    Now, please leave this thread as like most threads you have nothing to contribute here. I
    welcome intelligent discussion from all political perspectives. Clearly you can't meet that threshold.
    You do not realize how far gone you really are,do you,who ever told you that you are a decent caring person lied to you.

    You say you are not Marxist but yet you follow the mindset to a tee,it is pretty clear that your so called higher level of so called education succeeded in the indoctrination process.

    You do not even know what my financials are but yet you brag about yours as a comparison,if you are as well off as you say you are,then you make a nice case study about how you cannot buy class.

    Like i said before I did discuss the topic but you just do not want to hear what anybody else has to say that does not adhere to your agenda.

    Like typical Marxist fashion you wish to control content based on the media source that you choose.

    I guess the way you think just seems normal to you but the succession movement in Canada shows that a lot of your fellow country men and women also do not agree with you and want little to do with your kind.

    The just of the majority of the unrest is about politicians writing checks for votes that they are unable to cash.

    Hong Kong,Catalonia,Quebec is about getting away from people like you.

    Ethiopia,Lebanon,Iraq who cares what happens there,they have doing the same thing for 500 years,it’s thier way of life,nobody is going to change it.

    I hate to break it to you at such a young age but “unrest” and the level of has not changed much in the last 200 years,just because you are just discovering it it does not make you an expert analyst after viewing a few links,the United States has been implementing,instigating and financing unrest for generations.

    No different then your socialist party,everybody has an agenda.
    Last edited by Richard; November-02-19 at 04:10 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Instagram
BEST ONLINE FORUM FOR
DETROIT-BASED DISCUSSION
DetroitYES Awarded BEST OF DETROIT 2015 - Detroit MetroTimes - Best Online Forum for Detroit-based Discussion 2015

ENJOY DETROITYES?


AND HAVE ADS REMOVED DETAILS »





Welcome to DetroitYES! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
DetroitYES! is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to DetroitYES! [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.