Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitSoldier View Post
    I am more than satisfied by the commitment laid out in that press release. I won't be giving them my business until I see some results, but this is certainly a good first step.
    Yeah this is a good way forward in Detroit Soul town. I might start drinking their beer again in 2020.

Good, I really like the place to go to, they did a great job on the building and the crowds seem to respond. Let’s get moving forward , the parties involved seem to be happy on both sides.

Founders will reopen February 6 with a litany of community benefits both financially and in programming.

so, what was the food like there? I scarcely drink, what is the "craft beer" scene all about?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    so, what was the food like there? I scarcely drink, what is the "craft beer" scene all about?
    Founders is probably the best example in craft beer of consistency in expanding a product lineup. A lot of breweries have hit it big with one or two beers then try too hard to get creative, and spoil their lineup. Founders has a massive lineup, but is very careful to make sure their product is never garbage. Sure they may make a beer someone doesnt like based on personal preference, but I've had nearly their entire lineup and never been completely repulsed by one of their products. This makes their beer safe for people new to "craft beer" because there are always options that compare to something in the non-craft world. The best example of this is Founders Solid Gold. It's a gateway to craft beer from macro-productions people are familiar with.

As for the food, it was good. Nothing crazy but good quality. Beer was always the center of attention.

Now the owners learned their lesson. They want to keep their bar open to cash in the District Detroit- Illitchville surroundings. Too bad they keep all the profits.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2