Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Detroit, Then and Now - a recap of the 2013 bankruptcy

I hope others also feel this is worthy of a re-visit because it's a topic that has been playing on my mind...

Municipal bankruptcy occurred in 2013, but you wouldn't know it if you took a look at Downtown or Midtown today.

I always said that Detroit would indeed make a comeback - the comeback would occur firstly in Downtown and then spread to the suburbs.

[[My theory is that new downtown jobs would also created a new demand for housing in the suburbs, which are cheaper than living within a mile of Downtown - precisely how Detroit became a success a hundred years ago.)

Feel free to comment. Thanks.
    Last edited by night-timer; October-23-19 at 04:52 AM.