Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Threaded View

Default Foods you once ate that were not good for you...

Let's start a list [[don't be shy - I too ate one of those pickles from that jar at the local neighborhood store!)

1. Briny Dill Pickles floating in that giant jar at the store. They'd pick one out for you [[unsanitary no kiddin'). The brine was murky dark, the pickles huge and salty [[high-blood pressure cookers!)
    2. Red Pistachios Nuts? They used to be dyed bright, some horrid #332 red or something. You never see those any more.
    3. Sassafras Tea! My parents made me drink that when sick. Isn't it a poison in large doses or maybe the root not the leaves [[someone please clarify)
    4. White Castle Hamburgers... well they're are back to being good though not recommended - LOL!
    5. Candy Cigarettes? Chalky looking candy sticks that looked like cigarettes! Stuck to your rear molars like cement!
    6. ...............?
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-06-19 at 04:48 PM.