City Club Apartment Construction in Detroit
UPBEAT DETROIT PICTURES - WHY NOT? »

FUN THINGS TO DO IN DETROIT »

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

I think the Sno Cap appeal was the little white ball candies that rolled on the tongue with the chocolate melted. Like Nonpareils
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    swizzle sticks. lemon heads. Mike & Ike. Now & Laters.
    I never "got" the appeal of Sno Caps. anyone else?
    Butterfinger candy bar. Whatchamacallit.

I can't eat sliders like I once did. I once could eat six in a row, but no more.

I look up the calorie count of various things at restaurants nowadays and I'm blown away. Just for the coffee-beverage industry alone: wow.
    When I was a kid I liked "blizzards" from Dairy Queen. I look at the calorie counts now, and it's just so depressing. I haven't had one in I don't know how many years.

I used to love penny candy from the local party store, licorice shoelaces, squirrels & maryjanes, jaw breakers, sweet tarts, Lik-m-aid. Lik-m-aid came in little packets (not unlike Kool-aid) but you would dump it in your palm and lick it. Totally gross, probably all sugar, but I liked it. At the movies, I would get one of 3 things: sno-caps, jujubes, or popcorn.

Sliders from Dandy Hamburgers (Plymouth & Greenfield) was a treat. We would stop there after church (Grandale Presbyterian), as we would walk there. I still like a slider or two every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    I think the Sno Cap appeal was the little white ball candies that rolled on the tongue with the chocolate melted. Like Nonpareils
    I always liked those. That would be my choice when going to the show as well as Raisinets!

Pure sugar and food coloring. Real hygienic way of consuming too!!

Quote Originally Posted by 9936Sussex View Post
    ...Lik-m-aid came in little packets (not unlike Kool-aid) but you would dump it in your palm and lick it...
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-16-19 at 05:54 AM.

Yeah, Nonpareils were a rather sophisticated candy of the lot.

Dark chocolate (not kids first choice) with little white sugar dot coating-Yes!!

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-16-19 at 05:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Mouth watering Cafe du Monde beignets!

Does anyone make those in Detroit?
    I've seen a food truck with Beignets painted on the side parked at Eastern Market before as well as downtown during an event.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Oh yes. I have a favorite middle-east rest in Dearborn and the last time I was there they asked me to try a raw meat item (Kibbee) that looked great but I just couldn't do it......

Cook my meat please!
    My ex-husband's grandma made kibbee - it was good. Not that i trust anyone but grandma with it and she is long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby View Post
    I've seen a food truck with Beignets painted on the side parked at Eastern Market before as well as downtown during an event.
    Well, thanks for the tip! Eastern Market would be a logical place to sell them.

They're more than just a donut!

Shed 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5