Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Visiting Columbus, OH

Hey guys,

I'll be staying in Downtown Columbus for 2 nights with my girlfriend [[both 26). Any suggestions of what to do/see?Thinking of checking out the following...

-COSI
    -Columbus Zoo
    -German Village/Brewery District
    -Franklin Park

Thanks!

We've taken our young kids to Columbus multiple times. There's quite a bit to do, and the town isn't so huge that you have to plan in a bunch of travel time.

COSI - Really cool science center, it's absolutely massive. I'm really into science so I enjoy it, but it's geared towards kids so I'm not sure how much adults would like it whom also aren't really into science.

Columbus Zoo - Highly recommended. Also massive, expect to spend an entire day if you want to see everything.

German Village - Really cool neighborhood, try to eat at Schmidt's Sausage Haus if you can. Get there early, it gets full pretty quick. There are bunch of really cool stores around there, too. Check out the book loft, a rambling discount book store created by connecting several storefronts and houses together.

Franklin Park - Only visited the conservatory in the winter so I can't vouch for the park itself, but the conservatory was pretty cool. If you are into gardens, there's also the Columbus Park of Roses, which is a large formal rose garden that might be worth a visit - there should be some things still blooming.

Other things:
    Downtown Worthington - we usually stay in a hotel just north of Worthington. It's a nice smallish downtown area with a few good restaurants and things, along with a Graeter's, which is Ohio's version of Sander's/Stroh's ice cream.

Elevator Brewery: A pretty cool downtown restaurant in a *really* old building. Reminded me of the new restaurants in Downtown Detroit.

If you are downtown, check out the Leveque Tower... the 550ft tall beautiful skyscraper designed by Detroit's theatre architect C. Howard Crane [[Fox, Opera House, Orchestra Hall, Fillmore... etc).

It is Columbus's version of the Fisher Building.

https://www.google.com/search?q=leve...h=674&dpr=1.25

Thanks for the info!

Hocking Hills State Park just south of there is supposed to be really beautiful