Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Hans64 View Post
    Albion College has an acceptance rate that exceeds that of Calvin and Hope colleges. Albion and Kalamazoo are considered the top two private colleges in the state.
    I was also surprised not to see Albion on this list.

Good article with some information related to portions of this discussion:

https://www.freep.com/story/news/edu...su/4259083002/

What a ridiculous set of arguments. Education is about what you learn and what you make of it. I went to DPS schools, MSU, and an Ivy League graduate school. I'm quite happy to have attended all 3, but really, so what?

The ability to use critical thinking skills, to be able to engage with, empathize with, and productively interact with others, to perceive, study, and solve problems, to adapt to changing conditions, and to understand, use, and synthesize information are far more important than where you went to school.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    What a ridiculous set of arguments. Education is about what you learn and what you make of it. I went to DPS schools, MSU, and an Ivy League graduate school. I'm quite happy to have attended all 3, but really, so what?

The ability to use critical thinking skills, to be able to engage with, empathize with, and productively interact with others, to perceive, study, and solve problems, to adapt to changing conditions, and to understand, use, and synthesize information are far more important than where you went to school.
    Yes, in a perfect world one’s own abilities are all that would matter. However, to argue that because you did it, so why can’t everyone else, is equally ridiculous—because it is extremely naive and arrogant. Also, to think that a given school [[neighborhood, etc) and its conditions/dynamics/stature are the same as it was decades ago is completely out of touch.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3