Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default How many Blacked-Out Lions Games?

So, the season is around the corner and it's time to watch - or not - the Lions on the TV.

Last year the Lions lead the league - and set a record - in the number of Blacked-Out games. SO what's your guess? How many games willed Blacked-Out?

this yr the Lions have 8 home games. Their home openner is against the Vikings on Sept 20th with another home game the next week against the Redskins. The third home game is against Pittsburgh.

I'll bet the Lions will sell-out the first three and again on Thanksgiving, hence I'll bet the Lions will screw the pooch and not sell-out of 4 games.

Depending on how they start, maybe 5 of the 8 home games will be blacked out.

My advice, get the Sunday Ticket find an alternate team to cheer for and enjoy your football sundays

TV - Minnesota, Thanksgiving
    No TV - The rest of them.

Interesting thread, 4 sellouts, 4 blackouts.

The NFL blackout rule is a joke. Jacksonville gets to tarp over their additional seats in the upper sections [[thereby reducing stadium capacity) and voila- instant sellout! And if there truly was a hard deadline of when the games need to be sold out by, why don't they adhere to it? How many times do we hear of an extension on the sellout rule? Seriously they should show all the games and be done with. If the Lions fickle fan base don't care to watch, that's fine with me. There are still plenty of tried & true diehard fans out there that will. To each their own.

Stosh Guest

If you know where to look online, technically none of the games are blacked out.

Stosh, let us know where to go to see them.

Home Game 1 will sell out due to the novelty of Stafford at QB. If they win that first game or two, false hope will sell out the first half of the season. If the Lions are back to their old ways by November, Thanksgiving will be the last home game you see on tv.

Pittsburgh and Thanksgiving will definitely sellout. The rest I think will be blacked out. I wouldn't be surprised if half or more of Ford Field is black and gold when the Steelers play on Oct. 11th. Steeler fans always travel well, and coupled with being only 4 hours away from Detroit, there is no doubt that many will be eyeing up a short and cheap getaway.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    Stosh, let us know where to go to see them.
    I went to justin.tv. and found a few links today and watched the entire Lions game. I found it ironic because the person with the channel feed was someone called "redskinsnation". Poor guy probably wanted to put a shoe through the TV after our team beat theirs.

Anyone find the link to watch the replay "free" on NFL.com? I've heard reference to it several times, & there are plenty of online articles referencing it, but the only thing I can find is the NFL's Game Rewind, which requires you to buy a package.