Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Cue in flooding in Houston blamed on climate change.

They are 40’ above sea level,thier highways are built high for double use as dikes,the streets are built low in order to funnel the water out.

Everybody from California escapes to Houston,paves it over by creating massive subdivision sprawl so the water has no place to drain and blames it on climate change.

They say climate change is accelerated by humans but they are not looking at the “climate change” that they are directly creating.

In Fl were we are closer to sea level,you cannot develop anything anywhere without providing a retention pond equal to the amount of space you are placing a structure or parking lot on.

It gives the water a place to go and be naturally filtered before it enters the ground water and drinking supply.

We hear it a lot here also,people complaining about development destroying the quiet life they escaped to,so you moved out in the sticks in order to get away from the crowd while at the same time creating the exact same thing you moved away from.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    They are 40’ above sea level,thier highways are built high for double use as dikes,the streets are built low in order to funnel the water out.

Everybody from California escapes to Houston,paves it over by creating massive subdivision sprawl so the water has no place to drain and blames it on climate change.

They say climate change is accelerated by humans but they are not looking at the “climate change” that they are directly creating.

In Fl were we are closer to sea level,you cannot develop anything anywhere without providing a retention pond equal to the amount of space you are placing a structure or parking lot on.

It gives the water a place to go and be naturally filtered before it enters the ground water and drinking supply.

We hear it a lot here also,people complaining about development destroying the quiet life they escaped to,so you moved out in the sticks in order to get away from the crowd while at the same time creating the exact same thing you moved away from.
    I'm reporting you for being a Richard imposter!

The above is a highly intelligent post; it doesn't fit it w/the Richard body of work at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Visitor View Post
    I'm reporting you for being a Richard imposter!

The above is a highly intelligent post; it doesn't fit it w/the Richard body of work at all!
    Yea,that probably hurt to say as much as it kills me to admit that you also have your moments.

Meanwhile, here in southern Nevada, water is more than welcome. We last had rain in April.....or was it March????
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Vegas should not be there. Nor Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Meanwhile, here in southern Nevada, water is more than welcome. We last had rain in April.....or was it March????
    No offense Ray, but it is a desert, don't ya know.

There was a reason it was a tiny town when bugsy first visited.

The poor Colorado has to feed all of them states and the growth.

Dubai was built in the middle of a desert and got creative on how to pump millions of gallons a day into it.

Holland is below sea level but has existed for thousands of years by controlling the water.

Despite its wasteful reputation, Las Vegas actually reuses 93 percent of its water. It's paid homeowners $200 million to rip up their thirsty lawns. The city added 400,000 people last decade but cut its water use by 33 percent.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/lake-me...-water-supply/

But there is something to be said about building in an location and expecting Mother Nature to change her course or try and alter her course.

So is it really best policy to spend trillions trying to change something we never will be able to,or adapt in a responsible manner.

So a little girl travels across the oceans in order to send a message about climate change.

How does she do it? By putting 5 people in a boat constructed of materials that will never break down in the natural environment,that was formed by intergrading some of the most environment harming materials that takes a massive carbon base to construct.

It would have been way less of a carbon footprint by putting those same 5 people on a plane,where the footprint would have been spread over 150 others.

If Dubai can build a pipeline to water a city,we build pipelines that carry oil,natural gas,and gasoline from one end of the country so why not a water pipeline from Texas to Lake Mead?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    There was a reason it was a tiny town when bugsy first visited.

The poor Colorado has to feed all of them states and the growth.

Dubai was built in the middle of a desert and got creative on how to pump millions of gallons a day into it.

Holland is below sea level but has existed for thousands of years by controlling the water.

Despite its wasteful reputation, Las Vegas actually reuses 93 percent of its water. It's paid homeowners $200 million to rip up their thirsty lawns. The city added 400,000 people last decade but cut its water use by 33 percent.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/lake-me...-water-supply/

But there is something to be said about building in an location and expecting Mother Nature to change her course or try and alter her course.

So is it really best policy to spend trillions trying to change something we never will be able to,or adapt in a responsible manner.

So a little girl travels across the oceans in order to send a message about climate change.

How does she do it? By putting 5 people in a boat constructed of materials that will never break down in the natural environment,that was formed by intergrading some of the most environment harming materials that takes a massive carbon base to construct.

It would have been way less of a carbon footprint by putting those same 5 people on a plane,where the footprint would have been spread over 150 others.

If Dubai can build a pipeline to water a city,we build pipelines that carry oil,natural gas,and gasoline from one end of the country so why not a water pipeline from Texas to Lake Mead?
    You're OT on your own thread! LOL

PS, the problem w/Greta's boat trip is not the manufacturing of the boat, when you consider life-cycle and what the plane is made of too........

Its more than the crew that sails it back to the UK is flying to NYC to pick it up; while the captain on the trip to NYC is flying home. Creating a minimum of 6-person trips by flight, where Greta and her Dad alone would have been 4.

So there was a net increase of 2 trips by plane for this stunt.

I saw that as someone who strongly supports action on the climate file and the environment more broadly.

But yes, this was a stunt; was it worthwhile? Depends on its impact on what people actually do, really.

Don't know how quantifiable that is, mind you. [[the relationship between any future action and that trip)

^ nearly all of the materials used to manufacture an aircraft are recycled in the end,with a boat not so much,it gets broken up and dumped into the landfill.

The five people that made the trip did not hold it for the two weeks,raw sewage dumped along the way.

Airplane collects it and disposed of it safely.

The ablative coating on the hull used to prevent things from attaching.

Antifouling coatings work by slow release of a toxic chemical [[biocide) from the hull coating, or by presenting a hard or slippery surface that minimizes attachment by organisms. Some antifouling paints are made to slowly release particles over time [[ablative coating), continually exposing fresh biocides to fouling organisms.
    Copper-based antifouling hull paints are currently the most commonly used antifouling coating. Copper discourages fouling organisms, but also slowly leaches into the water column and can be released from the hull as particles that fall to the sediment. In some southern California waters high densities of boats with copper bottom paint and restricted circulation have exceeded water quality standards and been included on the state’s list of impaired waters1.

https://www.coastal.ca.gov/nps/Boat_Hull_Cleaning.pdf

Not exactly a eco friendly mode of transportation,no matter how many solar panels you stick on it.

It is not going off topic,it is about how climate change is sold and used as an excuse.

Millions skipped school and jobs in order to protest something that they can do nothing about.

You will never alter climate change but you can change how you treat the environment that you live in.

I wonder how many of those millions skipping grabbed a bottled water and put a sandwich in a plastic bag for the rally?

They do not even pick up thier own trash after rallies.

NYC generates so much trash they have to truck or barge it to other states in order to dispose of it,if they actually practiced what they preached they would be able to deal with thier own trash.

We are New York,we care about the environment,so we ship our garbage to another state so we can look good.
    Last edited by Richard; September-21-19 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Visitor View Post
    You're OT on your own thread!
    See, you do NOT have to quote entire posts to respond to them. It's really, really simple not to.

^ if you are short on funds this month I can give you an early Christmas discount on my portable safe space,I can even throw in free shipping if that helps.

It will help you get over the posting trauma.

^^^ Portable safe space[[s)? You might wanna post that on Amazon... It should sell very well!
    Last edited by Zacha341; September-22-19 at 09:46 AM.

Ray, You're not going with the narrative. If Greta Thunberg consequently shows up at your door, she will explain to you that your low water levels have to do with weather rather than climate change. Perhaps so but it is raining outside my window now so I can assure you that climate change is real.

Greta Thunberg, my link points out, came to America on a yacht to prevent global warming attributable to air travel. I respect her exemplary role modeling.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post

Greta Thunberg, my link points out, came to America on a yacht to prevent global warming attributable to air travel. I respect her exemplary role modeling.
    Maybe now she can take that slow boat to china, 'eh?

Pockets full of carbon credits and offsets. Eco Bling!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ^^^ Portable safe space[[s)? You might wanna post that on Amazon... It should sell very well!
    If I list it there the Chinese will buy one and copy it then list it half price because they use cheap child labor and Americans support that because it saves them money.

I find it more productive to show up at rallies flying a rebel flag,which draws a crowd,then I can easily distract them with the portable safe spaces to get over the trauma of seeing the rebel flag.

Sometimes if it seems like it is going to be a hard sell I will throw in a few tide pods or fidget spinners,that gets them every time.

I learned that whole technique from watching the Democrats.

Creating a need that did not exist so i could look good by providing a solution and making a profit in the process.

^^^ Hah, you've got jokes! What's the whole Tide pod reference about? LOL! I still use liquid laundry detergent......

The Strange Story Of How Tide Pod Eating Went Viral

https://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2.../#42192fa64932

When my dem supplied illegal immigrant maid has the day off and I am forced to do my own dishes,I use finish quantum pods in the dishwasher,they look yummy but work better then the powder and keeps my dishwasher sparkly clean in the process.

I could actually do a commercial like that and get paid.
    Last edited by Richard; September-22-19 at 12:40 PM.

Oh another one of those stupid 'challenges'. No thank you... LOL!

How's about this challenge: "Today I will do something constructive!"

That was another save the planet hoax,they took phosphate out of the cleaning supplies,it was the main cleaning ingredient that actually did the cleaning.

They did not inform the public when they did it and the dishwasher and washing machine suppliers received thousands of complaints that the machines were not cleaning like they should be.

Que in the cheap bottom shelf deluge of cleaning supplies that did not work.

But you can get away from that by buying TSP from the box store or hardware store and add a tablespoon to water or the washing machine or dishwasher,1 tablespoon in 1/2 gallon of water cleans better then 90% of the products on the shelf at a 1/3 the price.

Richard, the chemist who invented the hard black spray they used to put under car hoods told me that when they replaced phosphate laundry detergents, the replacement chemicals were known carcinogens.

I say we resume washing our clothes on rocks like the old days.

Just joking! I use baking soda alot to boost cleaning action of detergents.

Some of the Greta climate change solutions being floated around the world.

A forced one child policy in order to control population.

No meat or meat products.

Each household is allotted X amount of carbon credits,to be used towards,electricity,food,transportation etc.

If you go over your carbon credit allotment then you receive a fine or your services are terminated until the next allotment kicks in.

1.6 billion pounds of clothing are produced in Chinese coal fired plants.

They will no longer be available

So who controls the worlds carbon allotments? The WHO will be tasked with monitoring and allotment of carbon credits to each country.

If they are convinced that we are all dead in 10 years are they really serious about limiting our ability to party like it is 1999 before we all die?

A group of psychologists working with the University of Bath says it is receiving a growing volume of enquiries from teachers, doctors and therapists unable to cope.
    The Climate Psychology Alliance [[CPA) told The Daily Telegraph some children complaining of eco-anxiety have even been given psychiatric drugs.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ising-numbers/

What is really interesting is Greta’s handlers parents are advocates for a Soros funded One World Order non profit.