Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Hitsville: The making of Motown

Just got done watching. Well worth watching.

https://www.google.com/search?q=hits...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Was at a card party yesterday when the host said, "Alexa, play Motown". Damned if we didn't get an afternoon of the Motown sound. 'Course, had it been me to speak, I'd of said Mozart and my gang would have been pissed at me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Was at a card party yesterday when the host said, "Alexa, play Motown". Damned if we didn't get an afternoon of the Motown sound. 'Course, had it been me to speak, I'd of said Mozart and my gang would have been pissed at me.

You didn't like the "Motown Sound" Ray? I grew up on all those classics.

If it has John Legend [[In his own mind) and his filthy mouth wife, It’s not my Motown!

And speaking of Motown...

The Motown Museum project is about 1/2 way to it's $50 million donation goal, with Berry Gordy donating $4 million...

https://www.freep.com/story/entertai...on/2204383001/

It would be nice to get a big donation from the annual $50 million that the Ralph Wilson Fund gives out every year to Detroit and Buffalo.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    You didn't like the "Motown Sound" Ray? I grew up on all those classics.
    Oh, it's fine. Just that I'm more into symphonic stuff. Always have been. Musical background starting about 1946, and, alas, Motown wasn't around then.................